• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Arrow Key Scrolling Speed

New Here ,
May 01, 2021 May 01, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So I have noticed that the arrow key scrolling when using the hand tool has somewhat inconsistent increment sizes. If I press the up or down arrow key once the distance scrolled is about half a line. If I hold down an arrow key to begin the fast scrolling, then let go and continue pressing the arrow keys rapidly, the increment is more like a line and a half.

I find this inconsistency extremely annoying, especially since the fast scrolling is redundant because of the page jumping that is achievable with the left and right arrow keys, and that the increment for occasional up and down arrow key presses is so uselessly small. This disrupts the reading experience for me.

I've thought about trying to get around this inconsistency by using other pdf viewers, except that I primarily find myself reading password protected textbooks that are only accessible in Reader. There is Shift-Up/Down arrow key that will jump to the next line not visible, but I find this makes it easy to lose your place in the text. The point is, I want consistent arrow key scrolling incrementation. 

If any changes were to be made to this, I would suggest getting rid of the inconsistent scrolling increments and instead making them adjustable in the settings. 

Thoughts anybody?

TOPICS
Mac , View PDF

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
May 05, 2021 May 05, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi there

Hope you are doing well and sorry for the trouble. As described the Arrow key scrolling speed is inconsistent .

As you have the updated application please try to reboot the computer once and see if that helps. Also open the application and go to View Tab > Page Display > Select 'Enable Scrolling' and see if that works for you.

If it still doesn't work please reset the Acrobat preferences to default as described in the help page https://community.adobe.com/t5/acrobat/how-to-reset-acrobat-preference-settings-to-default/td-p/4792...

You may also try to create a new test user profile with full admin rights or enable the root account in Mac and try using the application there and check.

Regards

Amal

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines