• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Auto Open/Login

New Here ,
Mar 24, 2019 Mar 24, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm wondering if there is a way to disable the auto open/auto log n when opening my computer. I have a macbook and I don't have Adobe Reader in my dock, but frequently I will open my lap top simply to browse the web and Adobe Reader it will open and if I'm not logged in it will force me to log in before it will let me close out of it. I just want it to stay closed until I'm ready to use it...

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Mar 25, 2019 Mar 25, 2019

Hi Sharee,

Looking at the description given above, seems you have Adobe Acrobat Reader set up in your startup programs. Which is resulting the application to open automatically on startup.

You may disable Acrobat Reader from startup menu following the steps suggested below:

Your login items are listed in settings. One of the easiest ways to control startup items is inside System Preferences > Users & Groups.

Manually removing or adding Mac startup programs

1. Open System Preferences.
  2. Go to Users & Groups

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,
Mar 25, 2019 Mar 25, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Sharee,

Looking at the description given above, seems you have Adobe Acrobat Reader set up in your startup programs. Which is resulting the application to open automatically on startup.

You may disable Acrobat Reader from startup menu following the steps suggested below:

Your login items are listed in settings. One of the easiest ways to control startup items is inside System Preferences > Users & Groups.

1. Open System Preferences.
  2. Go to Users & Groups.
  3. Choose your nickname on the right.
  4. Choose Login items tab.
  5. Check startup programs you want to remove.
  6. Press the “–” sign below.
  7. You’re done.
  8. If you need to add an item back, press “+” and choose the app you’d like add.
  9. Then restart your Mac to see the changes.

Let us know if it still doesn't help and launches Acrobat Reader on startup.

Thanks,

Akanchha

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 29, 2022 Jul 29, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

"seems you have Adobe Acrobat Reader set up in your startup programs" is code for Adobe forcefully inserted it there

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jul 29, 2022 Jul 29, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Not sure why you think Adobe would do that for just a few people. Still, it's easier to blame them that actually troubleshoot. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines