• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Blank screen on PDF view - Please Help a student!

New Here ,
Dec 10, 2021 Dec 10, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have tried to view pdfs this morning from academic journals e.g. nature etc. and it keeps on generating a screen which looks like this: 

Rhiannon22186821jlaw_0-1639139076841.png

I have refreshed the screen multiple times and deleted/redownloaded adobe reader DC (free one). However, when I am able to download the pdf it appears, this mode can only happen on certain websites and not others which means I cannot access most journals. I tried accessing journals on the phone and it works on there fine. Please can someone suggest something to help? 

TOPICS
General troubleshooting , PDF and browsers , View PDF , Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Dec 10, 2021 Dec 10, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi Rhiannon

Hope you are doing well and sorry to hear that.

It looks lie you are tying to view the PDF in Web browser. Web browsers use their own PDF mechanism to render and display the PDF contents and they are not adobe dependant.

It is always recommended to download the PDF first to your computer locally and then try to open it with Acrobat/Reader DC application.

Hope this information will help.

Regards

Amal

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines