• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Can I save my pdf (with form fill fields) as a template?

New Here ,
Feb 16, 2021 Feb 16, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've created a pdf with form fill fields, now I'd like to save this pdf as a template so that the user can open a new pdf each time, as a normal template file should.

Thanks.

TOPICS
Edit and convert PDFs , General troubleshooting , How to , Mac , PDF forms , Share or review PDFs , View PDF

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 22, 2022 Mar 22, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey Sophie Ièm trying to do the same thing. I created a checklist that i want to save as a template instead of creating it over and over.

If I come across a solution I will share it with you. Crossing my fingers I can figure it out.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So far all I can figure is to first save it enhanced

File - Save as Other - Reader Extended PDF - Enable more tools (includes form fill-in & save)

then open it and save as a copy

File - Save a Copy

Being that I am usng the checklist for multiple clients orders I ‘Save a Copy‘ with a clients name

Then I can go back and open the Extended file and repeat for each client, saving their checklist as a copy with their name on it.

Im not sure if that helps but hope so.

Old Goat

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

This is a really round-about way of doing something very simple.

Just define the original file as read-only and it will not allow you to overwrite it. You will have to specify a new file name when trying to save it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines