Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Can't click anything, just makes a weird sound

Jun 14, 2017 Jun 14, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Not sure what happened, in the midst of editing a document I could no longer click on anything Adobe Acrobat DC- each time I click it makes a ringing sound like some magic harp noise. Any idea how to fix or what happened???

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Aug 23, 2018 Aug 23, 2018

Hi All,

Looking at the description shared above. You may try repairing the installation of application Open Adobe Reader>Help>Repair Installation.

Or use cleaner tool to uninstall it Download Adobe Reader and Acrobat Cleaner Tool - Adobe Labs and install again through-

Adobe Acrobat Reader DC Install for all versions  

Let us know the result.

Regards,

Akanchha

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,
Jun 15, 2017 Jun 15, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Kc24238566,

As you said that it happened in the middle of editing a document, I am assuming this might be a document specific issue that it couldn't load properly or hung up during the process.

You might lose your edited work if you close the application processes, but in this scenario this the only thing that we can recommend.

If its windows then open "Task Manager" and select Acrobat processes and "End Task" and if Mac then open "Activity Monitor" and Quit processes.

For further action, you may check the exact version of the Acrobat Reader DC and check if it is up to date or not?

Launch application>Help>Check for update.

Regards,

Akanchha

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 08, 2018 May 08, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is such a nightmare, I am having this problem ALLLLLLL the time and I am sick of it. I am losing hours of work. There is a standard windows error sound as though there is a pop-up dialogue box somewhere that I can't see. PLEASE HELP!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 08, 2018 May 08, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Standard premiere pro workflow for me is having at least 3 working files which I've had to import and reimport everytime this happens.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Aug 20, 2018 Aug 20, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

this isn't a solution.

I have also lost hours of work and there is no fix or cause.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Aug 23, 2018 Aug 23, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi All,

Looking at the description shared above. You may try repairing the installation of application Open Adobe Reader>Help>Repair Installation.

Or use cleaner tool to uninstall it Download Adobe Reader and Acrobat Cleaner Tool - Adobe Labs and install again through-

Adobe Acrobat Reader DC Install for all versions  

Let us know the result.

Regards,

Akanchha

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 26, 2020 Mar 26, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I sometimes get Adobe Acrobat frozen, with a single beep anytime I try to do anything to any file. The problem, for me, always arises because I have started to save or open a file and then have moved on to another file before finishing to open or close that original file. There are two solutions:

1. Go to the Task Manager and then click on Adobe Acrobat and End Task (someone said this already). The problem is that all your Acrobat files that were open will close (without saving), and seemingly, if you have lots of them open, only a few will reopen after you restart Acrobat....but you can then proceed with your work.

2. Another, less brutal, solution is to go down to the Adobe Acrobat logo on the taskbar, at the bottom of your screen. Click on it and then open, one by one, each of your open files...start from the one at the bottom. When you get to one of them you will find that the action that is messing you up, causing the beep (the action you forgot to complete, opening or saving a file) will also open....and then you just need to either complete that action or void it and you can get on with your work without having to reboot Adobe Acrobat.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 14, 2020 Jul 14, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

hello,

can i know why my adobe illustrator CC make a weird sound while saving a file?

is it because the file size is big?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 24, 2021 Aug 24, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have this issue with premiere pro.  Happened during color correction, 2nd monitor went grey.  I'm wondering if there is a window open somewhere that I cant see on the screen.  Mac Pro - beeping when clicking almost anything.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 17, 2022 Oct 17, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Found a solution for my sound, there is a pop up window that keeps coming up in the background, behind photoshop. I had to right click and "hide" the window, then bring it back up and it would bring the window forward so I could close out the pop up.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 02, 2023 Apr 02, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks! it worked for me 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 12, 2022 Dec 12, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Simple solution - Task Manager, End Task.
This happened in Acrobat DC, with only one file opoen.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Dec 13, 2022 Dec 13, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @VickiR in Minnesota 

Have you had this experience with the latest version of Acrobat? Please share the version installed Open Acrobat>help>About Acrobat

Can you make a screen recording to record that sound and share it with us for further investigation? 

You can upload the file on Document Cloud web https://acrobat.adobe.com/link/home/ and share the link with us here.

Thanks,

Akanchha 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines