• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

can't open pdf with form and Acrobat Reader consistently asking to install new version.

New Here ,
Apr 18, 2021 Apr 18, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am on Mac OS 11.2.3 and installed the Acrobat DC Reader version 2100120145.  Every time I open PDF I am asked to install the newer version and have to click cancel 4-5 times to get rid of the warning box.

"This PDF form requires a newer version of Adobe Acrobat. Without a newer version, the form may display, but may not work properly. Some form elements might not be visible at all. If an internet connection is available, clicking OK will download and install the latest version." 

I also tried to follow the steps mentioned in this post. Ran the clean, restarted, installed dc, restarted but with no success.

TOPICS
General troubleshooting

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How does you open the file? At the top of the message can you see something about Javascript?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am using the desktop app. There isn't anything about JavaScript. 

The attached screenshot pops up only when I open the PDF version of the form first. Normal PDFs open fine. if I open normal pdf and then form there is no message for installation.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 19, 2021 Apr 19, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you share the file?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry, I can't share the file. it's confidential. (auto-generated tax documents)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just to get a little more on "how do you open the file" - are you opening it by using OPEN from the FILE menu, after starting Acrobat Reader? Rather than (for example) double clicking on the PDF in Finder or an email app?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am doing double-click on the file to open. right-click -> open with Acrobat Reader doesn't work either. 

As I mentioned earlier in my previous comment, if I open the file after starting Acrobat Reader, there is no error.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Apr 21, 2021 Apr 21, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi,

Can you please confirm if this is happening on all files or on a single file?

Thanks,

Gaurav Maheshwari

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines