• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Can't open "/private/var/spool/cups/tmp

New Here ,
May 23, 2019 May 23, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Suddenly I get an error message and cannot print from a pdf document that I printed from yesterday.

Error messge:  "Can't open "/private/var/spool/cups/tmp/..."

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
May 31, 2019 May 31, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Procyte, 

Would you please elaborate the exact issue a bit more? Are you getting Can't open.... error while printing a pdf document or when trying to open a document to print?

Also, which application and OS you are working on? The location you are getting restricted or unable to open, do you have enough permission on this folder or not? Please check once and let us know.

Thanks,

Akanchha

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 31, 2019 May 31, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am using Mac OS 10.14.5 and Adobe Acrobat Reader DC 2019.012.20034.  I open the pdf document, choose File-Print and the document goes into the printers que then stops.  I have full permission on the document.  I also tried this with a different pdf and I still get the same error message on this second document.  And a third.  In fact it seems that I cannot print ANY pdf's.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jun 02, 2019 Jun 02, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for sharing the additional info and following the further steps suggested.

Just found a similar discussion on the same issue Cannot Print Any PDF file - MacOS High Sierra 10.13.2 Error can't open /private/var/spool/cups/tmp/  as mentioned, this problem is most likely related to the OS and reinstalling the OS has been a common solution for multiple users. Go through it and found the helpful answers given there.

Thanks,

Akanchha

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 06, 2019 Jun 06, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks.  However even that does not work so I have decided to remove Acrobat Reader form all my devices because it is unworkable and I will use third party software from now on.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 17, 2019 Jun 17, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I also  having this issue since 27-5-2019

Mac-OS Mojave v 10.14.5.

Adobe acrobat V2019.012.20034

Can only print the *.pdf documents via Preview.

I can print other documents on the same printer (not a printer problem)

I can’t print from Adobe’s own application.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 18, 2019 Jun 18, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Strange ? I found  that in OS 10.14.5  Mojave

The map:  /private/var/spool/cups/.    exist

but 

the map:  /private/var/spool/cups/tmp/.    does not exist

So I think that Abode adresses a map who does not exist or they forgot to create it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 24, 2023 Jan 24, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
yes, the problem is definitely with Adobe. Any other application prints normally... it must have been some CC update that generated this incompatibility... I'm doing the prints via Priview

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines