Exit

Can´t see electronic signs in a sign field. Neither in sign panel

New Here ,
Dec 01, 2021 Dec 01, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello everyone.

ADOBE ACROBAT READER DC - Version 2021.007.20099

A PDF document was sended to us supposedly signed with Adobe Acrobat (version is unknown)

When we open it we can´t see the electronic signature (neither in the signature panel). Only a field to sign the document (1)

If we open the document with Microsoft Edge we can see what is supposed to be a electronic signature made with Adobe Acrobat (2)

If we sign the same document with ADOBE ACROBAT READER DC the electronic signature looks perfect in the field and valid (3)

Capture is attached.

Can you help us?

Thanks in advance.

TOPICS
Security digital signatures and esignatures

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Dec 01, 2021 Dec 01, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @PARSIMONIO22030482y42t ,

Sorry for the delay in response.

I have checked the same document at my end.

In this PDF, the fields that you have to fill are already highlighted. The signature field is not highlighted by default.

So, you will not be able to add the signature here.

As you are filling the form online, once you complete all the highlighted field click on Validate tab.

Once the form validation is completed, you will get the pop-up window as shown below:

RiaTagra_0-1638427258565.png

It is mentioned there " You will be asked to provide electronic signature once you are ready to transmit your documents to CIC."

Check if that helps.

For more information regarding the form, I would suggest you to get help from there Help centre.

Let us know if you need any help.

Regards,

Ria

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 02, 2021 Dec 02, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you and sorry for my english.

The matter is... I can (digital) sign the document without problem.

The signature is valid and everything is fine. (point 3 of my previous capture)

But the document is supposed to be already signed by other person using adobe acrobat (version unknown) but the digital signature is missing (point 1 of my previous signature). I can only see the signature field to sign it by myself .

Nevertheless I can se this missing signature with Edge web browser. (point 2 of my previous capture).

Thing is...

Why can I see a signature with a web browser and not with adobe reader?

Is there something wrong with missing (original) signature process? 

Thanks again.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can't trust your eyes with digital signatures. Not all that appears to be digitally signed really is.

If it doesn't appear in the Signatures panel on the left, it's not digitally signed, or not properly signed.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Agree with that but I was not 100% sure since I don´t use Adobe Acrobat Pro.

So anyone have a clue on how the first person who tried to sign the document messed up the thing and why can I see a pic of the signature only in Microsoft Edge?

Sorry for the inconvenience.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines