• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Can't type in text comments or edit or place text in text box

New Here ,
Feb 21, 2020 Feb 21, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am running Reader version 2020.006.20034 (latest version). Running windows 10 home. I cannot type text in any of the text edit functions. I can create a text box. The cursor shows up but when I type, the cursor only blinks, doesn't move and no text shows up. Same with "add text comment" or "insert text at cursor" commands. In each of those, the cursor shows up but when I start typing but nothing happens. Other edit functions work such as "draw" or "highlight". All of the permissions for commenting are set to allow comments. No protections. I have tried unintalling and reinstalling several times. Doesn't help. I have searched Google on this topic. Many have the issue. Haven't found a fix. Again, settings are set to allow comments and no, I am not typing white text on a white background. The text functions worked up until a few months ago.

TOPICS
Comment markup and annotate

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 11, 2020 Mar 11, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same problem here.  All of a sudden when trying to write a comment the page pixilates! Sticky note works but no text or lines available.  So annoying!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 24, 2020 Apr 24, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The same thing happens with my corporate version of DC. When it happens, I have to click in the box, write my comment in the comment pane window, and click on the box again. It's extremely frustrating and time-consuming.

I've been using the professional versions of Adobe Acrobat for many years, and this never happened until last year's update. (Plenty of frustrations are in that one!)

Adobe, there's competition out there. Get it together, or companies like mine will find software that doesn't cause so many headaches!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
May 04, 2020 May 04, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there 

We are sorry for the trouble and the delay in response. As described, you can't type in text comments or edit or place text in text box and using the version 20.006.20034

Please update the application to the new version 20.006.20042 available. Go to Help > Check for Updates.

Also for testing purposes, please try to turn off the protected mode. Go to Edit (Windows), Adobe Acrobat/Reader DC (Mac) > Preferences > Enhanced Security  > Turn off the Protected Mode and uncheck the Enhanced Security > Click OK 
Note: Please turn on the security after testing. 

If it still doesn't work

Let us know how it goes

Regards

Amal

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 20, 2021 Jul 20, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I disabled the enhanced security options you mentioned, restarted and this issue is finally resolved for me!! I even renabled the security options, restarted and its working! Thank you for your advice, so glad I found this!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 07, 2022 Mar 07, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

OMG - this has happened to me a couple of times, and I've uninstalled and reinstalled Acrobat to resolve the issue.
Thought I'd look around again to see if I was able to find a new solution - and the secruity options was totally it!

Thank you!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 06, 2022 Jun 06, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have tried every suggestion to get the "Add Text Comment" (old typewriter) feature to work from the "Comment" toolbar, but the only option in the comment tool bar that works is the "Add Text Box".  I have uninstalled/reinstalled, used the cleaner, changed security settings, gone through a month of  Adobe technician remote access...finally I deleted my account and set up an entirely new one with a different email, and that worked for about 6 months before I started experiencing the same problem recently.  When the "Add Text Comment" is used from the comment toolbar, the cursor becomes the typrwiter icon and you can begin typing whatever you want...it is when you click somewhere else in the document or select a different tool, that the text disappears, even though you can see the text in the comment sidebar but not on the document. HOWEVER, I just now discovered the that the "Edit PDF" tool has an "Add Text" button, which seems to be working fine, even if the text is not showing up in the comments toolbar (I don't need it to).  What in the world is the need for "Add Text Comment" in "Comment", versus "Add Text" in "Edit PDF", especially if Text Comments doesn't work, and why have this feature in two places?  Is their a difference?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 05, 2021 Mar 05, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same here, suddenly without any changes to the application, the text box stopped working in comment mode.   click the text box, start drawing and it shows a rectangle filled in blue.  Then the border dissapears and you can type.  once done and select another text box the previous dissapears.  I have tried to uninstall acrobat and restart the computer. when I restart acrobat is still there.  i tried the suggestion above and removed acrobat and did a restart and upon start up acrobat is still there.  

done this 3-4 times and still the text box does not work.   

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

i tried one more time with an adobe uninstaller and this time when i restarted i had to install acrobat and it was a complete install.  

but upon starting the application the text box does not work.  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I gave up - hopeless.  PagePlus x8 software is great and so much easier
to use!

--
This email has been checked for viruses by Avast antivirus software.
https://www.avast.com/antivirus

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 20, 2021 Jul 20, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

All my PDF files show SECURED. Why

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 20, 2023 Mar 20, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Good morning,

I am having the same issue with Adobe Acrobat Pro 

this is so frustrating..... 

I have document of 556 pages & starting page 481 I can't add text no matter what I do.

is there something with the properties of certain pages, what should I look for? This is really becoming an issue, I need to get this document finished & can't add the text I need to finish.

I need suggestions to fix this, never had so many issues all of a sudden.

thank you

Maureen

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Mar 20, 2023 Mar 20, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Maureen289356489gr5,

Thank you for reaching out.

Could you please confirm if you experienced this behavior with a particular document?

If yes, would you mind sharing the PDF with us so we can check it? 

When you say you cannot add text, are you trying to add comments or using the Edit PDF tool?

It might be the image in the pages, not the actual text. However, we cannot comment much without checking the PDF.

Let us know if you need any help.

Thanks,

Meenakshi

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 31, 2023 Mar 31, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Similar issue here.

I have paid version DC.

When filling out forms, I click to add text box, but when I type, no words just blank. the cursor moves as if I am typing but no visible letters. Ive tried the all the above solutions except removig and reinstalling

the only thing that works is signatures/initials. I have been forced to use signature to add dates even

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Mar 31, 2023 Mar 31, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@gus29180955mxsk 

There's likely a chance that when you type text in the text box, the font color is set to white. On white background, the white text is not appearing. Try changing it to black, from here:

AkanchhaS_0-1680289430533.png

If possible, try with a different file too.

~Akanchha 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 17, 2023 May 17, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am so frustrated to the point of tears at how horrible this product has become. It used to be so intuitive. The simple task of filling in a box with a background color should NOT be this difficult. I am so close to finishing a project and I need to spend hours researching like this because my boss wants all the boxes to have white backgrounds now. So frustrating!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 11, 2023 Sep 11, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So frustrating and so much time spent on this fault .  I ended up "Disabling new Acrobat" , now everything works like it once did 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 18, 2024 Mar 18, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having this issue on every single document - no keys on any keyboard work in the "edit a PDF" or comments. I am on MacOS Sonoma, Acrobat version 2023.008.20533. It works on the web version but I cannot use web version for work documents.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Mar 20, 2024 Mar 20, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi there

Please update the application to the recent version 24.01.20604 installed. Go to Help > Check for updates and reboot the computer once and see if that works.

~Amal

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines