• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Can't Update Acrobat Reader DC

Community Beginner ,
Jul 12, 2018 Jul 12, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi. My first question so please be gentle!

There is much publicity today about Windows Updates and others. Two leading experts have said how important  it is to update Adobe Acrobat Reader but I can't find any mention of ReaderDC. I've just checked the Adobe site and it says my ReaderDC is up-to-date but there'd no record of the update on my PC. What should I do please?

Adobe Acrobat Reader DC Updater 2018-07 12th.PNG

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Jul 12, 2018 Jul 12, 2018

DC is just like a version number or label. So Reader DC is still Reader; it's the only Reader there is currently. It used to be called Adobe Reader too. It automatically updates without asking you, but it's still good to check it's up to date.

What do you mean exactly by "there'd no record of the update on my PC?"

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

typo's: there'd = there's / ReaderDC = Reader DC

Can't find an 'Edit Post' function

Can't find a box to tick for automatic email notifications of replies - is there one or is this done automatically, please?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

DC is just like a version number or label. So Reader DC is still Reader; it's the only Reader there is currently. It used to be called Adobe Reader too. It automatically updates without asking you, but it's still good to check it's up to date.

What do you mean exactly by "there'd no record of the update on my PC?"

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 26, 2018 Jul 26, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello Test Screen Name. You're right in saying that I'm up-to-date - see my post to Bernd.

Re [typo corrected] "there's no record of the update on my PC", what I mean is that every update/change leaves a footprint, WUs>Settings>History probably being the most obvious one. Perhaps this Adobe update is recorded in the Event Viewer?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Your Acrobat Reader DC is up-to-date:

Release Notes | Adobe Acrobat, Reader

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 26, 2018 Jul 26, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Bernd. When I first decided to install Adobe Reader I went to CNET or one of the other suchlike sites. I was never asked to choose between Continuous or Classic so I first presumed I had Classic. I now find that what was installed is Adobe Acrobat Reader DC version 18.011.20055 which I see is the latest Continuous Track release - I'm up to date! So the notifications from Krebs and Qualys are both wrong? Here's what Krebs said on the 11th July: Microsoft and Adobe each issued security updates for their products today.
Microsoft's July patch batch includes 14 updates to fix more than 50 security flaws in Windows and associated software. Separately, Adobe has pushed out an update for its Flash Player browser plugin, as well as a monster patch
bundle for Adobe Reader/Acrobat. Linked to https://helpx.adobe.com/security/products/acrobat/apsb18-21.html

Obviously the reference to 'monster patch' started me off.

The upshot is that I'm up to date - and that's what matters. Thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 16, 2021 Aug 16, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I fixed this updating via Avast.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines