• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Canadian Immigration Form 5533e Issue - Large R on form instead of filled in checkbox sample

New Here ,
May 09, 2021 May 09, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there.   

I would hopeyou can help me fix this as I am running the latest version of reader I just installed and reinstalled a few times but the issue seems persistant.

When I try to load through an extension or direct through reader when the form loads it seems to decide to label a "filled in checkbox sample" as a large R.  I have verified that the same PDF will load fine on my wife's work computer however I can't seem to figure out of this is a setting or if I need a specific version or something to get this to work.

The reason this is important is that they could reject my application based on this anomaly even if it's not my fault so I am doing my best to fix this.

Can you help please see my attached screenshot off the issue and what it should look like.

If you have any other suggestions please let me know as I have to fill out and validate a variety of these forms over the next few weeks.

Thanks

TOPICS
PDF forms

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 09, 2021 May 09, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I forgot to mention that the name of this document is "Document Checklist"

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 10, 2021 May 10, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you share a link to the actual file? Generally speaking there's nothing you can do about it with the free Reader, though.

I would report this issue to the governmental agency that created it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I found the file and it appears fine to me, using an older version of Acrobat and Reader, though. I will be able to check it in the DC version later on.

Does this strange "R" only appear in the text at the top, though, or when you actually tick the fields?
If the former I don't think you have anything to worry about. This type of forms are not examined visually, usually. The data is extracted and processed automatically using various applications. They don't care what the file actually looks like, as long as the data in it is valid. Actually, trying to manipulate such a file can cause a bigger issue then using it as it is. In some places it's even illegal.

However, if you need to print and submit it that might be a different story, but I still don't think it will be a problem.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Alright thanks though the reason I care so much is that I am worried there might be other files that have other issues.  I caan still check box everything fine in the document and th R portion on shows up as an anomaly in the "example" checkbox; the regular ones seem to be fine and I can chjeck them no issues. I am just being careful as I have read stories on canadavisa.com that some folks have been sent back there entire application for using old forms or even things as nonsensical as filling out unreqauired forms.

I really appreciate your note and effort as I have another means can print this file out on my wife's work computer if  this turns out to be the only issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you want to be 100% sure I suggest contacting them directly and reporting this issue before submitting your form. Good luck!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you.

I would still be interested in if you get the same thing i do on your testwith the same updated version I am using.   If not then perhaps I have a font issue or something else it just seems strange that it wouldn't have been a big deal if "everyone" who had that version of acrobat reader (latest) would also reported issues since thousands of folks use that form every month.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Seems I was able to find an older copy of adobe reader and it does the same R thing lol.  I guess it's another issue on my system?  Will try to research that. Thanks for the help.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Well we send the file from my system to my wife's, she saved and opened it up and it was fine, and now I had her send it back to me and it opened up fine on my system.

So weird, but I am probably just going to stop obseessing with this now 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines