Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Cannot change "Copy" command in acrobat reader

New Here ,
Mar 30, 2023 Mar 30, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello!

I recentelly started using Adobe Acrobat for my schoolwork. My schoollaptop is a Mac but I come from a PC so I wanted to change the standard [Command + C] shortcut to [Control + C], since I'm more familiar with that command. I was able to change it in MS Word with tools in the Mac Systempreferences (Keyboard -> Shortcuts). That was successful, but when I try doing the same procedure for Adobe Acrobat it just does not want to work. 

Anyone know a fix for this? What is causing this issue? Is there any other way of changing the shortcuts that I'm not aware of? 

TOPICS
Edit and convert PDFs , General troubleshooting , Mac

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My recommendation is to get used to it, because that will be less pain in the long run. This shortcut, and similar ones like Command+V, A, O, S are universal, and found in almost all Mac apps. At some levels it is built into macOS, and at other levels built into each app separately. And very few apps let you change shortcuts. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Well, I still use my PC at home which makes the transition all that more of a pain in the butt. Not being able to change shortcuts and commands is kinda stupid in my honest opinion. Customization is so important for the few apps I use for my daily schoolwork, just such a shame you're not able to, since besides that it's a really good PDF program:(

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines