• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Cannot download Adobe Reader

New Here ,
Mar 12, 2023 Mar 12, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have tried many times, on the official download page, after selecting Windows 11 as the OS, English as the language, the Select Version was greyed out. There is no way I can go past this step to download the free reader. 
Help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

TOPICS
Download and install

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Mar 13, 2023 Mar 13, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi ATonyT,

Thank you for reaching out.

Try clearing the cache and cookies for the browser.

Open the following link on the new incognito window: https://get.adobe.com/reader/enterprise/.

Select the required Operating System and the Language. Check if the Select a version is still greyed out.

Let us know how it goes.

Thanks,

Meenakshi

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the link. However, the "Select a version" box is still greyed out after I chose Windows 11 as OS and English as the preferred Language. Please help!
Anthony

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Open this URL using a different web browser https://get.adobe.com/reader/enterprise/ 

Or try with this https://helpx.adobe.com/reader/get-started.html 

It could be page is not loading correctly. Or, please disable internet security software (If there's any) for a while and check back.

Also, if you are working on an office machine that is managed by the IT team, then there might be permission issues. 

~Akanchha 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 14, 2023 Mar 14, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The Select Version box is still greyed out, even when I risked being hacked by turning off the virus protections and fire wall. I tried another (older) machine that runs Windows 10, that box was also greyed out as well.
Any suggestion, please?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 16, 2023 Mar 16, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the link Meenakshi. I'd cleared the cache of Microsoft Edge, tried Chrome, but the Select a version is still greyed out. I tried it on an older machine running Windows 10, it was also greyed out as well. 
Any suggestion?
Anthony

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Cleared the cookies and cache, the "Select a version" box is still greyed out.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Mar 16, 2023 Mar 16, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm not sure why you're on the enterprise download page (nor why it doesn't work).

Please try the regular download page https://get.adobe.com/reader/ 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 20, 2023 Mar 20, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Test Screen Name
Thanks for the link, it leads me to the same page I was trying to download the reader. You are not the only one who are not sure why it doesn't work.
I googled "How to install Adobe reader" and landed on an official page, but when I clicked on a link to download the reader, I was confronted with Error 404, Page does not exist.
Looks like I'll have to content with some free 3rd party reader.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Mar 20, 2023 Mar 20, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well, it's not what I see. (There are pictures in this reply. Please do not read it in email. Return to the forum to read it https://community.adobe.com/t5/acrobat-reader-discussions/cannot-download-adobe-reader/td-p/13644579

When I go to https://get.adobe.com/reader/

I see this:

TestScreenName_0-1679340745589.png

If I click on the blue button Download Acrobat Reader I see this

TestScreenName_1-1679340816066.png

If I click on More download options I see this:

TestScreenName_2-1679340855988.png

and still it works fine. Clearly you don't see all this. What do you see?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 07, 2023 Jun 07, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When I click blue button - download - I get a blank black screen

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jun 09, 2023 Jun 09, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Les30349162vttq,

Thank you for reaching out.

Could you please share the screen recording from which page you tried downloading the application and what happened?

Please confirm if it happens on your personal machine. Did you try clearing the cache and cookies for the browser?

Try any alternate or new incognito window on Chrome, and let us know if the same happens.

More information would help investigate this behavior.

Thanks,

Meenakshi

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 06, 2023 Jul 06, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have exact the same issue as you. As far as I can see there no solution. I friend send me  the "readerdc64_en_a_mdr_install" and I tried to install, message "connection error". The friend also lives in the Netherlands and also uses firefox, for him it just worked. I also deleted all adobe cookies and used MS Edge browser. Helpdesk Adobe "help for free products discontinued".  I hope Adobe comes up with a solution soon.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 30, 2023 Oct 30, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Just download the app from the Microsoft Store if you're on Windows 10 and above. That website is either buggy or badly designed.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines