• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Cannot open or save attachment in PDF

New Here ,
Jun 29, 2022 Jun 29, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My PDF file have 2 attachments. I cannot open or save the first attachment and it does not show error message or anything. However, I can save the second attachment. When I tried opening pdf on other applications (such as Firefox pdf viewer) and it can save both attachments.

Here is my system environments:

* Adobe Acrobat DC 2022.001.20142 

* Windows 10 21H2 64 bit

Does anybody have solutions or recommendation on how to fix this?

Thanks in advance.

TOPICS
General troubleshooting

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 30, 2022 Jun 30, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Delete the second attachment and you can save the first attachment.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Piypan,

Thank you for reaching out.

We have checked the file and can replicate the behavior. We tried re-attaching the same file to PDF, and it opened fine.

However, if you delete the second attachment as Bernd Alheit, the first attachment opens without any issues.

Could you please let us know how the files were attached to the PDF? It seems to be a file-specific issue. 

Did you check if the issue occurs with any other PDF? 

Thanks,

Meenakshi

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for your help. Unfortunately, I don't have Adobe Acrobat Professional version to try deleting attachment. The file attach to pdf using custom pdf service that I created. So, now I would like to know the error messages on what goes wrong. I am following guide on https://helpx.adobe.com/nz/acrobat/kb/collect-logs-crash-freeze.html and found no logs regarding attachments at all.  Do you have any logs and explainations regarding this problems?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can delete the attachment in your Adobe Acrobat.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry, I use Acrobat Reader version (not Pro version) and I don't see any option to delete attachment. I tried search on google and found that it requires Pro version. Do you have a link or guide on how to do it in Reader version?

Anyway, I don't think it is the good solution to delete attachment in order to open another attachment. So, it would be helpful if I see some logs or explaination on this problems.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Acrobat Reader can't add or delete attachments.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Oct 13, 2022 Oct 13, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

MOVED TO THE ACROBAT READER FORUM

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines