• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Century Gothic font display issue on Mac (Adobe Reader DC)

New Here ,
Nov 29, 2021 Nov 29, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Has anyone discovered a way to display the Century Gothic font on .pdf documents viewed by Adobe Reader DC on a Mac? If not, is it an option to activate a fallback font instead?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Dec 02, 2021 Dec 02, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @Les21987131fl6l ,

Is this a behavior with a particular PDF file or with all the PDFs? Please try to open a different file and check.

Please try to create a new test user profile with full admin rights or enable the root account in Mac and try using the application there and check.

If it still doesn't work, please share the file with us for testing so we can check it at our end?

Please try the following preference settings and check if that works for you
Go to Edit (Windows), Adobe Acrobat Reader DC (Mac) > Preferences > Page Display  >  Select Use local Fonts >  click OK , restart the application 

RiaTagra_0-1638433876530.png

You may also ask the user to repair the installation (For windows only) Go to Help > Repair Installation.

Let us know if that works for you

Regards,

Ria

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 02, 2021 Dec 02, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi Ria,

Thanks for the suggestions. I have enabled the root account & opened the file, but I still get the same error message & the Century Gothic text is still missing. I also checked to see if the 'Use Local Fonts' option was selected & it was. This seems to be on all my .pdf files that were originally created on my Windows PC using Century Gothic text. I have attached both the original file & a screenshot of the error message. Thanks for your assistance, Les

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines