• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Change behavior of middle mouse button

New Here ,
Mar 16, 2020 Mar 16, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Currently, clicking and dragging with the middle mouse button results in the document scrolling at a (rather extreme) rate of speed that is determined how far away your cursor is from where you first clicked the button.  The document will scroll continuously until you either move your cursor back closer to its initial location, or release the mouse button.

I would much prefer the behavior to be like what you get when you hold space and then click and drag with the left mouse button.  I.e., you "drag" the document around with the mouse, and the document only moves as much as you "drag" it.

I can't find any settings anywhere that seem to have anything to do with the mouse.  Am I blind?  Or is this behavior not configurable? 

TOPICS
General troubleshooting , How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
May 13, 2020 May 13, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

+1. I would also like to configure the action of the middle mouse button.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 12, 2020 Aug 12, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I would really like to know if anyone has found an answer to this. I use AutoCAD and Adobe Acrobat Pro side-by-each all the time, and it's infuriating having to remember that zoom/pan/scroll are different for each application.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 14, 2021 Jul 14, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I would also like to know how to change settings to allow for this function of the mouse wheel. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 04, 2021 Nov 04, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I agree it would be ideal if this functionality were somehow added to Acrobat Pro.  This exact functionality is standard in Bluebeam's Revu, most likely because of how Autodesk Autocad does it.  I have been working as an engineer for 9 years, and it is very intuitive to pan around a drawing in this way.  Would have me lots of time if Acrobat had the ability to be used the same way.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 07, 2023 Feb 07, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Try View> Zoom >Dynamic Zoom.  I find it much easier to get to different parts of a large page.  It does not "drag like above, but may help.

(Used on Acrobat Pro (32bit))

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 19, 2023 May 19, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines