• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Change Search Color

New Here ,
Jul 21, 2017 Jul 21, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How can we choose highlight text color when searching in pdf? Grey is not good for recognition in most German technical documents.@

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Jul 24, 2017 Jul 24, 2017

The search highlight color is usually a light blue, not gray. But at any rate, I don't think it can be changed.

It's a good idea to submit a feature request about this: Feature Request/Bug Report Form

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Jul 24, 2017 Jul 24, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The search highlight color is usually a light blue, not gray. But at any rate, I don't think it can be changed.

It's a good idea to submit a feature request about this: Feature Request/Bug Report Form

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 27, 2020 Aug 27, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In Google Search, this is tagged SOLVED, but it ain't

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Aug 27, 2020 Aug 27, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The answer is no, you can't do it. That's solved, even if you don't like the solution...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 03, 2021 Nov 03, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@try67 was the ...  meant to say something like "go pound sand"? I would think Adobe has a customer-facing team that considers what users request when prioritizing future work. Perhaps if it were left open it might get to someone who cared what improvements users request? My eyes are tired from searching a PDF schematic looking for that next light blue search match and my hand sore from pounding that sand too.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 03, 2021 Nov 03, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No hidden meaning intended, it's just my way of expressing myself.

And I don't work for or speak on behalf of Adobe.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 25, 2021 Feb 25, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I agree wholeheartedly.

I've just posted the following to "Feature Request/Bug Report" - Under " Page operations > Change search colour"

"When searching document, the highlighted colour is light blue.

Surely the purpose of this function is to highlight the search item, not make it slightly more noticable?
I'm very surprised that the search highlight colour isn't adjustable. I would, for example, set it to neon pink!"

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 24, 2021 May 24, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I agree, it's a big problem specially when eyes get tired after many hours of reading. We should have optional call or change for search function. Light blue is not a good option.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 23, 2022 Apr 23, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Also a problem for people with vision issues like me.  That light blue is problematic.  Thanks for submitting the form.  I will also and put on social media.  Please add to social media, businesses tend to respond to public comments. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 24, 2022 Apr 24, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

In the preferences at Accessibility change the document colors.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines