• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Converting .pdf to msword

New Here ,
Mar 19, 2021 Mar 19, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I scanned a 5 page document from an HP laserjet pro into my Lenovo laptop.  Everytime I attempt to convert the .pdf to msword I see a bar pop up at the bottom right says "initializing export engine"  then the page quits.  I have turned off protected view and unselected "enable enhanced security."  I have logged into my account.  So far nothing I can find helps.  Hopefully, someone else has ran into this before and can make a suggestion as to how fix this.

TOPICS
Crash or freeze , Edit and convert PDFs

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You've posted this in the Acrobat Reader forum. Do you have Adobe Acrobat or the free Adobe Reader? If it's Reader, you are using the online service to convert to Export PDF service. It is possible that the integration into Reader is not working correctly, but you should be able to use the service directly by uploading to the server, and then downloading the converted file: https://documentcloud.adobe.com/link/acrobat/pdf-to-word/?from-frictionless=true&x_api_client_id=ado...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you.  That seemed to work.  I purchased a copy of Adobe Reader DC when I bought this laptop.  I thought that I had converted docs. in the past.  This is adding a step I don't remember.  But I will try this.  And thank you again for the trouble.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adobe Reader is free, if you purchased something, it was very likely Adobe Acrobat DC. Is it possible that you have both the free Reader and Adobe Acrobat installed on the same computer, and you've opened the document in the wrong application? The free Reader should be able to upload your document for conversion automatically, but I've run into problems with that in the past, sometimes it works, sometimes it does not. Uploading straight to the web server always works. Adobe Acrobat should be able to convert directly, without the online service (at least the Pro version, I don't have a recent enough Standard version to check) by selecting File>Export To>... 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, I have (I checked in properties) Adobe Acrobat DC and Acrobat Reader DC installed on this laptop.  In Program files (x86) it says Adobe>Acrobat 2015>Acrobat.  I open Acrobat from a shortcut icon on my desktop.  Then I select my .pdf , file, export to, microsoft word and I have tried both word doc and word 97-2003 doc and with both I get the same result converting pages then the app closes.  I've tried giving it other names, same result.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Having both Reader and Acrobat instlled on the same system is usually not necessary, and Adobe does not recommend it. Here is what I would to do see if I could fix the problem: Uninstall the free Reader, and leave just Acrobat installed. Once that is done, use the Repair function in Acrobat's help menu. Does that fix the problem? If not, it may be necessary to re-install Acrobat. This assumes that you have access to the installation medium (DVD or downloaded file), and your license key. Adobe has the "Adobe Cleaner" application, that can remove any trace of Acrobat from your system: http://labs.adobe.com/downloads/acrobatcleaner.html - I would use that to remove Acrobat and then re-install from scratch. That should give you the same experience as a brand new installation, and things should start to work again. If that still does not work, then unfortunately, I am out of ideas. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines