• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Corrupted file?

New Here ,
Aug 27, 2021 Aug 27, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I suspect I have a pdf file that has a weird problem but I am not skilled enough to figure it out.

I can copy the file using utilities such as iText7 and pdfSharp but I get odd results when I try some other functions.  The functions I use work with other pdf files, just not this one.

Iin one case when I try to scale the file to 50% size, I get a blank page.  And when I try to use some graphic functions (such as var gfx = XGraphics.FromPdfPage(page); ), I get messages such as "Width and Height must be non-negative" although the properties of the page are standard 8.5" x 11".

Here is the link to file I am having problems with:

http://www.firish.com/temp/HandRecord1.pdf

(also attached if that is more convenient)

Thanks for any help or advice.

TOPICS
General troubleshooting

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Aug 28, 2021 Aug 28, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This forum is for discussing Acrobat Reader, it isn't for support for non-Adobe products or libraries, nor for general PDF issues. I suggest you find the forums for those products.

The file is faulty, by the way, but some apps including Acrobat Reader will silently fix the fault. In posting this info may aid discussion of the dev tools: "I am told the file is faulty, although it may display fine, because it contains /MediaBox [0 792 612 0]".

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Aug 28, 2021 Aug 28, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I have done a little more study and I have a correction to my reply. The file is NOT faulty, but it is unusual. Please don't quote what I said, rather quote: "I am told the file contains /MediaBox [0 792 612 0], which is unusual, but that the PDF specification expects this to be normalized and work correctly". 

I write PDF software, and I can tell you that this is unusual enough that my app was wrong for 20 years before anyone noticed. So this info may help you get the support you need, or work around the issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines