Exit

Creating autofill form + autodate

New Here ,
Jun 11, 2021 Jun 11, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

I'm preparing form in Adobe and:

1. I am wondering if it is possible to add drop-down list with autofill, for example: I choose "ABCD" in drop-down list and Adobe autofill previously choosen fields from date base (for example Excel).

2. How can I highlight (invisible for printers) boxes to fill ?

3. Date box doesn't work in my Adobe :(, when I chose it, it works as normal text box to fill

4. Is it possible to add something from one box? For example I have two boxes to fill: in one box I write: 01.02.2021 and in another box I want to autofill it automatically dd-1.mm.yy+1 so in that case: 31.01.2022

TOPICS
PDF forms

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 11, 2021 Jun 11, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Acrobat Reader can't create PDF forms. What does you use?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 12, 2021 Jun 12, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I'm assuming you're using Acrobat.

1. Yes, but not from a DB or an Excel file. The data has to be available in plain-text (or PDF) format, and preferably it should be embedded in the PDF file itself, either as a file or hard-coded. Either way, it will require using a custom-made script.

2. There's already a built-in option that does that, called Highlight Form Fields.

3. What application, including exact version number, are you using?

4. Yes, this is possible, but again requires using a script. Try searching the Acrobat forum, as this issue was discussed many times in the past and there are code examples there.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines