• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Creating bookmarks in TOC -- will it work in Adobe Reader?

New Here ,
Dec 12, 2018 Dec 12, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am using Adobe Acrobat Pro DC to create bookmarks from a Table of Contents.  The document will be published to a website  in Adobe Reader DC(for users who only have the free version).  Will the bookmarks I create with Pro DC work for viewers with Adobe Reader DC?  Will hyperlinks created with Pro DC also work in Adobe Reader DC?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Dec 12, 2018 Dec 12, 2018

Yes. Yes.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Dec 12, 2018 Dec 12, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes. Yes.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 25, 2022 Aug 25, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just created a test document with bookmarks, but shared it with somone who only has the free version. They cannot see them. How do I do this?  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If they are using Acrobat Reader, then can click the bookmark icon at the left of the window. They will probably tell you they don't have a bookmark icon at the left of the window.

TestScreenName_0-1661449459798.png

Ask them for a screen shot of the entire window they do have, my money is on them using an entirely different app.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am not sure what "app" are using, but when I send it to them in an email, as a PDF I created with Pro, they see nothing but the document, and a magnifying glass. Nothing on the left nav bar.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

screen shot.jpeg

 Looks like this

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

This is not a screenshot of Acrobat Reader.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines