crl download error

New Here ,
Jul 22, 2021 Jul 22, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi guys,

I am implementing the mechanism of digital signing to the company. On my machine our root CA certificate is added to the trusted root certificates and hence all the certificates are trusted. The certificates are deemed valid only when I open Reader with my credentials. If I open Reader as another user still via my profile and open the same file the CRL list cannot be opened and hence the certificates cannot be deemed as valid. In this case the symptoms are:

Certificate state is UNKNOWN

The revocation tab in the Certificate Viewer box says:

An attempt was made to determine whether the certificate is valid by checking whether it appeared in any Certificate Revocation Lists (CRLs).

Click Problems to view the problems that were encountered while performing this revocation check.

Clicking on Problems encountered button gives the message: CRL download error and gives the path to the LDAP path.

The CDP ldap path is accessible ad confirmed with certutil. Some users are able to access the path and some not and I really cannot understand why this happens and how I am supposed to resolve this.

Can you help me make the Reader crl to be donwloaded sucesfully for everybody?

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
no replies

Have something to add?