• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Ctrl F crashes Adobe Acrobat Reader

New Here ,
Aug 02, 2021 Aug 02, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Every time I try to use Ctrl F to search a pdf, the program completely shuts down without warning or an error message.  If I try to click the search option in the toolbar, the search box comes up but then the program still crashes when you try to type.  

I have googled this issue and tried all the troubleshooting steps I could find.  I went to Edit -> Preferences and made sure "Use single-key accelerators to access tools" under General was checked.  I made sure "Enable Fast Find" in Search was unchecked.  I cleared the Cash Contents under Search.  I made sure the program was up to date.  I tried going to Help -> Repair Intallation.  I even uninstalled and reinstalled the program.  

This is happenening to all PDF documents I try to open.  It is also happening with all shortcut commands.  No other program on my computer has this issue. 

It is a new computer running on Windows 10.  The old computer never had this issue.  

Does anyone know how to fix this?  I need this for my work.  

TOPICS
Crash or freeze , General troubleshooting , Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Aug 03, 2021 Aug 03, 2021

Hi there

Hope you are doing well and sorry for the trouble. As described the application is crashing when you try to use the search function

Is this a behavior with a particular PDF file or with all the PDFs? Pleas try with a different PDF file and check. If the file is stored on a shared network/drive, please downloaded it to your computer first and then try to use the search function and check.

What is the version of the Adobe Acrobat Reader DC you are using? To check the version go to H

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,
Aug 03, 2021 Aug 03, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there

Hope you are doing well and sorry for the trouble. As described the application is crashing when you try to use the search function

Is this a behavior with a particular PDF file or with all the PDFs? Pleas try with a different PDF file and check. If the file is stored on a shared network/drive, please downloaded it to your computer first and then try to use the search function and check.

What is the version of the Adobe Acrobat Reader DC you are using? To check the version go to Help  Menu > About Acrobat and make sure you have the latest version installed. Go to Help Menu > Check for updates and reboot the computer once.

You may also try to turn off the protected mode for testing (Win Only) Go to Edit . Preferences > Enhanced Security > Uncheck 'Enable Protected mode at atartup' > Turn off the protected mode and Uncheck 'Enhanced Security' > Click OK and reboot the system.

Note: Please turn on the security after testing to avoid any security risk.

You may also try to reset the Acrobat preferences as described here - https://community.adobe.com/t5/acrobat/how-to-reset-acrobat-preference-settings-to-default/td-p/4792... and see if that helps.

Also please check the help pages listed below:

- https://helpx.adobe.com/x-productkb/global/troubleshoot-system-errors-freezes-mac.html

- https://helpx.adobe.com/acrobat/kb/acrobat-dc-crashes-on-windows-os.html

Regards

Amal

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Resetting preferences fixed it.  Thank you

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
Agotada 😔 bendiciones

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines