Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Developing a Higher education Plugin

New Here ,
Sep 20, 2021 Sep 20, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi All....

Before I begin I need to state that I am not a tech savy guy. 

I am looking for an indivdual developer or perhaps a group of developers to assist me in taking an idea forward. i work in Higher Education as a Senior Lecturer in Education. For a number of years I`ve debated exploring the possibility of adpating the PDF Reader environment  for higher education staff and students. I`ve been informed by Adobe that there development teams dont`t really listen to ideas from the outside community in a one to one pitch like scenario...and gosh I`ve tried. The advice I`ve been given is to come to this community and ask if freelance developers might be interesting in working with me to develop a plug in. At the moment this would be a partnership between myself and the developer, I certainly dont have the money to pay anyone on a contractual basis.....it would essentially be a 50/50 split of profits in the future...

Happy to discuss my idea with anyone interested but would need to enforce a non disclosure agreement with that person....

Look forward to any correspondence on this matter...

Jack

TOPICS
Edit and convert PDFs , Mac , PDF and browsers , Share or review PDFs , View PDF , Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Sep 20, 2021 Sep 20, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Want you create a plugin for Acrobat Reader or Adobe Acrobat?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 22, 2021 Sep 22, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I think reader, as long as there is the possibility of extracting text...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Info: For Acrobat Reader you need a key:

https://opensource.adobe.com/dc-acrobat-sdk-docs/devnet/rikla.html 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

If you explain what the idea is we might be able to tell you whether it's possible to do with a script, which is much easier to create than a plugin, and doesn't require a special permission from Adobe...

I've developed several such scripts and could advise you on the feasibility of this project. I'm also happy to sign an NDA, if needed. You can contact me privately via [try6767 at gmail.com] to discuss it further.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines