• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Difficulty printing PDF files (everything is too light)

New Here ,
Jun 21, 2018 Jun 21, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've been trying to print out some e-tickets and a few items that I've scanned (notes and such), but I'm having no luck.  Everything that I print is very light grey and only gets lighter as more pages are printed.  I've cleaned the printer heads and the test pages print black text just fine, it's only the PDFs that come out light.

I thought maybe the scanned notes had some kind of off-white color from the paper's background that might be messing things up, but the e-tickets aren't scanned and they come out nearly blank with only a faint bit of ink on the page.  I'm at a loss as to what's wrong here.  Does anyone else have any ideas?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Jun 21, 2018 Jun 21, 2018

Hello Wp,

We’re so sorry to hear this, as per the description I can understand that when printing PDF file that is e-tickets, they come out nearly blank or faint, Is that correct?

Please make sure that you don't have the Save ink/toner option checked in the print dialog. That option could conceivably cause the symptoms you describe.

Also, try the following steps and see if this brings any difference:

1. Go to Edit-> Preferences-> General and under Accessibility, check to see that the Document Color Op

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,
Jun 21, 2018 Jun 21, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello Wp,

We’re so sorry to hear this, as per the description I can understand that when printing PDF file that is e-tickets, they come out nearly blank or faint, Is that correct?

Please make sure that you don't have the Save ink/toner option checked in the print dialog. That option could conceivably cause the symptoms you describe.

Also, try the following steps and see if this brings any difference:

1. Go to Edit-> Preferences-> General and under Accessibility, check to see that the Document Color Options have text set to Black.
  2. Under File->Print click on the Advanced button and select the Print As Image checkbox- try printing with that set and see if it prints out darker.

Make sure that you have the latest driver/firmware of the printer installed. Also, check for any pending updates of Adobe Reader from help>check for updates, reboot the machine after updating Adobe Reader and try printing.

If you still experience the issue, please share the following details so that we can assist you in a better manner:

Let us know how it goes and share your findings.

Regards,

Anand Sri.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 24, 2018 Jun 24, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for all your help.  I've got everything working now

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 13, 2020 Aug 13, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having issues printing a pdf drawing with the lines on the drawing printing too faint, yet the title block is fine.  I have tried the recommended courses of action but still having issues.  Can you help please.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 16, 2020 Oct 16, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm also having the same problem. PDF drawings with grey linework is barely visible. I've tried the above and it didn't make a difference.  Martin5FEE have you had any luck fixing this?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 16, 2020 Oct 16, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I did manage to resolve this, but not through Adobe, but by asking the CAD author to change the setting on the dwg before printing to pdf.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 19, 2021 May 19, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hello Martin5EEE,

What settings did you ask the CAD author to change before printing?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines