• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

digital signatures in multiple pdf files.

New Here ,
Jan 11, 2022 Jan 11, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello to all

I am facing an issue with my acrobad reader when digitaly signing multiple documets:

I an opening multiple documents not in separate windows but in multiple tabs in acrobat and i use digital signatures (certificate from ADACOM with a usb tocken) and when i sing the first document the usb tocken asks for the passowrd and the signature is added normaly; when i move to the next tab/document the token used to not ask for the password again and that has recently changed and i have to input the tocken's password for every document i sign 

TOPICS
General troubleshooting , How to , PDF and browsers , Security digital signatures and esignatures , Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 11, 2022 Jan 11, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That sounds like how it should behave... Otherwise, if you sign a document and walk away from the computer someone else could sign in your name without knowing the password. If it did that in the past it was probably a bug.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 12, 2022 Jan 12, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello try67!

Thank you for you response!! 

I thought that this was the case as you say, but i had to go investigate further and as it turns out after a discusion i had with our digital signature issuer they confirmed that this used to be the case (where you input your password only once and continue signign documents without any further use of password as long as all the pdf's are in a sigle session of acobat) but the EU regulations have changed and the new certificates for the digital signatures will ask for your password every time you try to sign a document regardless of open sessions. just a kind feed back for your help with this issue. 

Thank you again for your help. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 12, 2022 Jan 12, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks for letting us know, and I do think it makes more sense that it works that way...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines