• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Disappointing service

New Here ,
Mar 24, 2021 Mar 24, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just paid for the program.  It doesn't download or work.  There is no help available.  Going to call credit card company to cancel.

TOPICS
PDF forms

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Mar 24, 2021 Mar 24, 2021

Hi @Phyllis5F84 

You've posted to the Adobe Acrobat Reader forum. Reader is free. What did pay for?

To cancel, Contact Adobe Customer Care: https://helpx.adobe.com/contact.html 
Click the chat icon in the lower right and type "agent". Only Adobe can help with billing. As volunteers, we cannot see your account information.

Calling your credit card company will not cancel your annual subscription.

~ Jane

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Mar 24, 2021 Mar 24, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @Phyllis5F84 

You've posted to the Adobe Acrobat Reader forum. Reader is free. What did pay for?

To cancel, Contact Adobe Customer Care: https://helpx.adobe.com/contact.html 
Click the chat icon in the lower right and type "agent". Only Adobe can help with billing. As volunteers, we cannot see your account information.

Calling your credit card company will not cancel your annual subscription.

~ Jane

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,
Jun 26, 2021 Jun 26, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Jane, you posted what I consider a rude response.  I am in a similar situation as Phyllis.  My "Recent photos" screen disappeared, then it reappeared and then disappeared again.  I posted to the forum and received no responses.  So I posted to the help "chat" line and found that I have to subscribe to a $46/month service in order to obtain help.

Jane, I'm paying $120/year to use your software.  Now I have a problem I didn't consciously cause and you want MORE money to help me with it?

In addition to Photoshop, I use ON1, Topaz and Skylum software.  I have had problems with Topaz and Skylum and have received more help than I ever expected.  And I'm not paying either of them $120/year!

Either help me with my problem or I quit.  Adobe is not a software company, it's a money pit.

Gerry

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 26, 2021 Jun 26, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Gerry5478 wrote:

Jane, you posted what I consider a rude response.  ...  So I posted to the help "chat" line and found that I have to subscribe to a $46/month service in order to obtain help.

Jane, I'm paying $120/year to use your software.  Now I have a problem I didn't consciously cause and you want MORE money to help me with it?

Hi Gerry,

I am a volunteer and do not work for Adobe, and I am not being paid anything. No, I don't want any money. My thoughts (whether good or bad) are free.

This is the Acrobat Reader forum, and Reader is free, which is what I told the OP. She was paying for something, and I was trying to find out what it was so I (or another volunteer) could steer her in the right direction, but she never replied. Stopping paying on an annual subscription does not release you from a contract, and we cannot help with billing on this forum. Only Customer Care can do that, and I advised her accordingly.

I looked at your other posts and they were on the Photoshop forum, and you are posting to the Acrobat Reader forum. If you have a question about Acrobat Reader, please ask so we can address it.

"I posted to the help "chat" line and found that I have to subscribe to a $46/month service in order to obtain help. Now I have a problem I didn't consciously cause and you want MORE money to help me with it?"

Here's my worry with your question: how did you reach the chat line? I'm asking because Adobe Chat is free and you do not have to pay $46 a month. If someone sent you a PM after you posted to the PS forum, it was most likely a scammer, as they frequent all public forums. If that's what happened and if the PM is still in your messages, you can click Report or post the name of the scammer here so we can report it. 

Follow the directions here to contact Adobe Customer Care. Click "agent" to get a human, not a bot.
https://community.adobe.com/t5/creative-cloud-services/how-to-contact-adobe-support/td-p/11875703 

As to your PS question, I have some thoughts, but without screen shots, they will only be thoughts, and I will answer it there. It will also bump the post up so other volunteers may see it and have more ideas. 

Jane

Forum volunteer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Jun 28, 2021 Jun 28, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks, Jane.  I take back all the nasty things I said about Adobe.  I called the help line and somehow I had disabled the home screen.  All's better now.

Gerry

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines