Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Display error of PDF Forms

New Here ,
Mar 16, 2021 Mar 16, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I'm using the latest version of Adobe Reader DC on Windows 10 64Bit Pro.

I'm having issues viewing and filling PDF-Forms as well as some other PDF-Files.

I get visual artifacts as soon as i hover over any form element with my mouse. Sometimes this also happens with plain tables (no forms).

If the document is in small window and the toolbar is visible, i can click into the fields of the form without any artifacts. (acrobat_1.png)

As soon as the black toolbar disapears, I get those artifacts in acrobat_3.png visible, when I hover over any element fillable.

When scrolling or resizing the page, the artifacts disappear until one movest the mouse to one of the fields.

When in fullscreen, it happens immediately when clicking into any form element. (see acrobat_FS1.png).

What I already did:

Uninstalled Acrobat Reader DC, used any random .PDF viewer - worked.

Reinstalled Acrobat Reader DC, same issue.

Uninstalled AR DC & graphic drivers (AMD Radeon), Uninstalled AR DC.

Reinstalled (fresh install) VGA-Drivers, reinstalled AR DC - same issue. I think it didn't have this artifacts unless AR DC automatically installed an update, but can't proof that.

It's quite annoying as AR DC is way better in printing options than any other PDF viewer. It's quite annoying as i get a lot of Forms which I can't fill on my PC.

Maybe someone can help?

Let me know if i can help you out with any further technical data.

Sincerly yours

Dirk

TOPICS
Edit and convert PDFs , PDF forms , View PDF

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Mar 17, 2021 Mar 17, 2021

Hi there

We are sorry to hear that. Please try to repair the installation (Win only) and reboot the computer once and see if that works. Go to Help > Repair Installation.

If it still doesn't work, please try to create a new test user profile with full admin rights and try using the application there and check.

If it still doesn't work, please remove the application using the Acrobat Cleaner Tool https://www.adobe.com/devnet-docs/acrobatetk/tools/Labs/cleaner.html reboot the computer once a

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Dirk

Hope you are doing well and sorry for the trouble. As described, the screens turns to black and white dots when you click on the PDF document

Please check out the correct answer marked in a similar discussion https://community.adobe.com/t5/acrobat-reader/screen-turns-to-black-and-white-dots-using-adobe-acrob... and see if that works for you.

Hope it will help

Regards

Amal

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 17, 2021 Mar 17, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for your fast answer.

It's acutally a bit blaming but this workaround fixed it in my case:

(Win 10 Pro / AMD VGA. latest AR DC)

- Find AcroRd32.exe on your PC

- Open file properties

- Enable "Compatibility Mode" for "Windows 7"

Click "OK".

I still wonder why it worked until automatic update apllied. In the linked thread, they tell the same. So it seems Adobe implemented a bug in this release.

This still won't fix the Problem on remote-managed machines (like in most companies) where users can't change file properties.

Hope this helps some others.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I got the same problem. Fm latest update i can't see the content of any pdf. I'm temporarily

using Sumatra to see the files. I un-installed and intalled again acrobat reader but the matter still remains.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Mar 17, 2021 Mar 17, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there

We are sorry to hear that. Please try to repair the installation (Win only) and reboot the computer once and see if that works. Go to Help > Repair Installation.

If it still doesn't work, please try to create a new test user profile with full admin rights and try using the application there and check.

If it still doesn't work, please remove the application using the Acrobat Cleaner Tool https://www.adobe.com/devnet-docs/acrobatetk/tools/Labs/cleaner.html reboot the computer once and reinstall the application using the link https://get.adobe.com/reader/enterprise/

Regards

Amal

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 18, 2021 Mar 18, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks a lot. Followed the furnished procedure of a clean new installation I'm able again to see n work with Acrobat. All the best. Andrew

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Mar 23, 2021 Mar 23, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi there

We are happy to hear that.

Feel free to contact us for any assistance required in the future.

Regards

Amal

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines