Document implies Reader is not updated, but I have verified that it is. Important document.

New Here ,
Mar 12, 2021 Mar 12, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I received a legally important document in pdf format. This document was also sent out to eleven other people. When each of us open the pdf, we see a document with the following text:

"Please wait...  

If this message is not eventually replaced by the proper contents of the document, your PDF  viewer may not be able to display this type of document.  

You can upgrade to the latest version of Adobe Reader for Windows®, Mac, or Linux® by  visiting http://www.adobe.com/go/reader_download.  

For more assistance with Adobe Reader visit http://www.adobe.com/go/acrreader.    

Windows is either a registered trademark or a trademark of Microsoft Corporation in the United States and/or other countries. Mac is a trademark  of Apple Inc., registered in the United States and other countries. Linux is the registered trademark of Linus Torvalds in the U.S. and other  countries."

I attempted to update Adobe Reader using the link provided. The install website indicated that my computer already has the latest version of Adobe Reader installed. I am still viewing the above text rather than the document.

It is critical for legal reasons that I can verify with Adobe if this is expected text to view in a document under these circumstances, and if so, how to address it.

Thank you very much.

[PII removed by moderator]

TOPICS
View PDF

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Community Professional ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you're seeing this message you're probably not using Reader. You're most likely opening the file in a browser window.

Instead, save the file locally and then open it in Reader directly, and it should display just fine.

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I hope this is a fake form with no actual family's data in it, since you have shared it, publicly, to the world. I hope the Sanders family does not exist. Just in case, I have asked for it to be removed.

You are getting this message because you NEED to download the file and then open it in Reader.  You CANNOT view it in Chrome, or Edge, or Safari, or Firefox, or your email app or anything else except Acrobat or Reader. You also CANNOT view it on iOS or Android at all. 

If you are distributing the document, it is as well to make all this clear to your recipients.

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines