Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Document Properties “Title”

New Here ,
Dec 10, 2020 Dec 10, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, 

When I download my document on Adobe Acrobat Reader DC it says for the title, "Omar Sarwar," but I do not know why that got there.  I go to "document properties" to try to switch the title and it's locked and does not allow me to change this.  How do I change this so that this does not show up at the top of the document.  Thanks! 

Sincerely, 

Ken 

TOPICS
Edit and convert PDFs

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Dec 11, 2020 Dec 11, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Reader did not put it there. How did you make the PDF? For example, did you type it in Microsoft Word, then Save as PDF?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Dec 11, 2020 Dec 11, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In the preferences of Acrobat Reader DC enable the entry "Always use filename as document title".

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 15, 2021 Feb 15, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Danke Bernd, but that's at the time you are creating the doc, right? Not when you are opening a Reader pdf doc created by another user?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

What does you use in the preferences of Acrobat Reader DC?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@adobe, please remove this double naming of filename AND title, it creates so much confusion. And what is very irritating is that most people do not know about it or DO know, like me, but do not take the effort to populate both, resulting in NOT knowing which file is which when several tabs are open simultaneously ; or having funny names, one of my contractor had MOST OF his documents titled "financial template": who is the bozo: them, or you?

Or put BY DEFALUT the filename inside the title, still keeping the possibility to retitle manually

Adobe Acrobat Reader v2021.001.20135 is its name.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines