• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Doesn't show video controls to play and stop

New Here ,
Jul 28, 2020 Jul 28, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey, I have made an interactive PDF in InDesign and everything seems right there until I open it with Acrobat DC Pro. The videos play when I click on them, but the controls aren't showing. Even though I made sure to have InDesign Version 14.03, an MP4 video and selected PlayOverAll as controler. When I preview the page on InDesign I can even see the controler. But not in Acrobat DC Pro.

The annoying thing is, that it is for my Portfolio and not even my Professor has a control bar when viewing the videos in the pdf. Which gives a bad impression of me when I would send it to clients.

TOPICS
Edit and convert PDFs , View PDF

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 28, 2020 Jul 28, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Don't use a PDF for this.  Use Adobe Portfolio, an online site builder that comes free with qualifying Creative Cloud Plans. 

https://portfolio.adobe.com/

For best results, upload your video to YouTube or Vimeo and embed it directly into your web pages.  Portfolio is simple to use and because it's a web site, it works on any device.  See links below.

https://help.myportfolio.com/hc/en-us/articles/360036483413-Video-module

https://help.myportfolio.com/hc/en-us/articles/360036483773-Embed-module

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 13, 2021 Jan 13, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having the same issue.  I don't want to use Adobe Portfolio, because I need the video to be secure and offline.  I just want to send it as a pdf with links and text below.  I made the pdf but am also having issues with the controls not displaying.   

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 11, 2021 Mar 11, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Did anyone have a fix for this? My controls say Playback Controls - All Controls but nothing visible.

Any help or fix appreciated. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines