• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

DPF docs

New Here ,
Apr 17, 2021 Apr 17, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When I open a PDF file it closes on it's own within about 5 seconds. been doing this for 2 days I restarted my laptop and checked for updates. It was of no help.

TOPICS
Crash or freeze , General troubleshooting , View PDF

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Apr 18, 2021 Apr 18, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I assume you're using Acrobat Reader. What EXACT version (not "latest" please)? From Help > About. Something like 10.3.16 or 2016.123.98765.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Also, what's your operating system version?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adobe Reader DC (32 bit) Version 21.001.20149.37945
Windows 10 Home 64-bit

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks. There is a known problem with older versions of Reader, but this seems a new problem. Sorry not to have a suggestion.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having the exact issues for about the same amount of time (2 days).
Please help!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adobe Reader DC (32 bit) Version 21.001.20149.37945
Windows 10 Home 64-bit

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I started having this same issue 2 days ago.

Adobe Acrobat Pro DC ... Ver/2021.001.20149

Windows 10 Pro ... Ver/20H2 ... Build/19042.928

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 19, 2021 Apr 19, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having same problem, which started yesterday.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

One of my users is also experiencing this issue, however I am not (even though we are both running 21.001.20149). A team member of mine and I have tried all sorts of things:

* Installing Windows Updates

* Uninstalling Windows updates

* Renaming folders (found this from a different thread, suggested by support apparently)

* C:\ProgramData\Adobe\SLStore

* C:\Users\USER\AppData\Local\Adobe\OOBE (the forum actually said to delete this one, i simply renamed it)

* C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\Adobe\SLCache

* C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\Adobe\Adobe PCD

* Running as admin ('works' but then the user isn't signed into their adobe account and they don't have admin priv... so this isn't a solution)

* Repairing

I'm running out of ideas. The log messages just give generic "faulting application" messages that point to ntdll.dll so I'm not sure if this is helpful or not.

I've seen a lot of forum posts about creating a dump file. I will probably try that next.

Sorry I don't have the solution, just wanted to contribute what I could!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I should also mention that this use has Adobe Acrobat DC, so it's not just a problem with Reader. Additionally, the user is on Windows 10 Pro.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi All,   Hope everyone is doing good. Thanks all for your time and patience on this and for your cooperation and sorry for the trouble you had with Acrobat.   Please try the solutions shared in the following articles and let us know if you are still experiencing the issue:    Acrobat DC opens for few seconds and closes after updating to April 2021 release.   Acrobat automatically closes after launch/Acrobat Crash on Windows.  

Regards

Ravi

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 20, 2021 Apr 20, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ravi, 

Thank you very much, this solution worked for us!

We had to go the extra mile though because the Creative Cloud app would not open either. Luckily, a simple "Repair" from the control panel resolved that issue. After running the updates for the CC app and making the registry key change, we had no further issues!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 23, 2021 Apr 23, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks Ravi,

I did the uninstall and re-install from the Adobe Creative Cloud app.

Adobe Acrobat DC no longer closes after startup.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines