• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Draw dots with pen

New Here ,
Mar 02, 2021 Mar 02, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having trouble adding handwritten comments in pdf files using a pen. Specifically, I just can't draw dots - eg. on top of the letter i, at the end of a sentence or to write trailing dots...

There seems to be a minimum distance that the pen has to travel over the surface until the movement is registered as a stroke. As a result, I can only draw short lines but no dots, which is incredibly annoying. Is there any way to disable this behavior?

Any suggestions would be really appreciated!

What I looked into so far:

• I checked the settings menu, but couldn't find anything.
  • I noticed that the minimum distance is much shorter if I use the mouse cursor instead of the pen. There seems to be a hidden setting that controlls the minimum distance until drawing begins. Though, I would rather draw a point by simply touching the screen without having to move the pen at all.
  • It seems to be unrelated to the issue with the smoothing algorithm that is discussed here: https://community.adobe.com/t5/acrobat/how-to-disable-automatic-smoothing-of-the-pencil-tool/td-p/98...

TOPICS
Comment markup and annotate

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

New Here , Mar 02, 2021 Mar 02, 2021

I should add that I am using Adobe Reader XI because thats what's on my company PC and I just found out that XI is very outdated. It seems that this issue was solved in DC. So I guess we can close this thread. Sorry for the fuzz. I wasn't aware XI was that old...

Votes

Translate

Translate
New Here ,
Mar 02, 2021 Mar 02, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I should add that I am using Adobe Reader XI because thats what's on my company PC and I just found out that XI is very outdated. It seems that this issue was solved in DC. So I guess we can close this thread. Sorry for the fuzz. I wasn't aware XI was that old...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines