• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Editing PDFs in Acrobat on iPad - Drawing a straight line (with the Pencil)

New Here ,
Feb 10, 2021 Feb 10, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

wenn I edit a PDF via Acrobat on iPad, I only find the freehand drawing tool. This makes it useless for many professional tasks. I cannot believe there is no option to draw a simple straight line? Do I miss something?

Thanks,

Lars

[Moderator moved the thread to the correct forum]

TOPICS
Edit and export , iOS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Adobe Employee ,
Feb 11, 2021 Feb 11, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Lars,

Thank you for reaching out.

Currently, you can use pencil only via the Drawing tool in the Adobe Acrobat reader application on an iOS device.

There is no other option to add a straight line in PDF using the mobile application. 

If you wish you may share your suggestion with the product team here: https://adobe.allegiancetech.com/cgi-bin/qwebcorporate.dll?K5836J 

Let us know if we can be of any help. 

Thanks,

Meenakshi

View solution in original post

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Lars,

Thank you for reaching out.

Currently, you can use pencil only via the Drawing tool in the Adobe Acrobat reader application on an iOS device.

There is no other option to add a straight line in PDF using the mobile application. 

If you wish you may share your suggestion with the product team here: https://adobe.allegiancetech.com/cgi-bin/qwebcorporate.dll?K5836J 

Let us know if we can be of any help. 

Thanks,

Meenakshi

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Meenakshi for your quick answer.

So, after paying each month a decent amount of money for the CC, I now need to buy another app (in this case some friends suggested Notability) to be able to draw a straight line on a PDF.

I leave this here without further comment.

Cheers,

Lars

P.S. I did a feature request for the staight line. It felt weird.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 25, 2024 Feb 25, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Greetings,

Has this been resolved? I still find myself unable to draw a simple, straight line in Adobe Reader while using my iPad.

Best,

Joe

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Mar 14, 2024 Mar 14, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi @Joseph35683351lmpv,

Hope you are doing well. Thanks for writing in!

Would you mind adding this to the feature request here: https://acrobat.uservoice.com/ 

Once done, please share the link with me here, so I can forward it to the dev team along with my suggestion.

-Souvik

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines