• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Email Button

New Here ,
Feb 16, 2022 Feb 16, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We are having an issue with the mail to function being added to a button.  We have the button setup to open the document in an email and populate a list of recipients in the To field.  When we test this function using Acrobat Reader DC on a PC, it behaves as intended.  However, when using the Adobe Acrobat Reader app on an iPad, we get the document to open in mail but the list of recipients in the To Field is not being populated.  Is there something different that needs done for this to work correctly usin the Adobe Acrobat Reader app for iPad?

TOPICS
PDF forms

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 17, 2022 Feb 17, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are you using a script to do this? A "mailto" URL? Something else?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 09, 2022 Mar 09, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

We have a button and then within the properties, I have a Mouse Up action to Submit Form.  WIthin that action tehre is then an option to enter a URL for this link where we have mailto: followed by email addresses we would like said form to be emailed to.  As I mentioned before, this button action works perfectly fine when opening this PDF using Adobe Reader DC on a Windows device, however, when doing the same thing through the free Adobe app, we simply get an email with no recipients listed in the To field.  To further complicate it, I have another form that is setup the exact same way and it works perfectly fine within the adobe app on the iPad. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Feb 17, 2022 Feb 17, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hmm, it's the first I heard that Acrobat Reader on iMac can send email (or try to send email, even unsuccessfully). I thought it had to be a real http or https submit (which I would strongly recommend - far too much to go wrong in email - except in closed corporate settings or for throwaway testing).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines