• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Enhanced Security | Trusted 'Senders'

New Here ,
Jan 22, 2021 Jan 22, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm an IT system engineer and we have enforced 'Enhanced Security' on the Adobe Acrobat DC Reader application for all our devices. But for some of our office workers, it adds more steps in there office work and they are complaining about it. So, I'm seeking for a solution in between.

Generated pdf files aren't always created up to the latest pdf document standard (currently par exampl. PDF Version 1.4 Acrobat 5.x). Suspect due that older PDF version, you get the banner 'Protected View: ... Enable All Features'. But also due that combination of older PDF versioned documents and an enforced Protected View, quick functions, like 'quick print', in a mail application won't work.

For web applications you can overrule 'Protected View' to add trusted locations by OS trusted zones. Within the mail application the all locations for the pdf documents are the local c-drive. But that's not one you like to add in general as trusted location. Are there other filters possible have also a more fine-grained 'trusted senders' for pdf attachments? Or other work around?

I would like to encourage the creators of those pdf documents to update there PDF generator, but they are external partners or government. So my influence there, isn't so great. Doubt if they even would think to make a change for it.

TOPICS
Print , View PDF , Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
no replies

Have something to add?