• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Error 1625 with Adobe Reader Update on Windows Server 2008 R2 OS

New Here ,
Jul 06, 2010 Jul 06, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

For the last two months when I receive updates to Adobe Reader 9.3 I get Error 1625:  Update failed.  Update not permitted by system policy.   But there is no system policy since this is a stand-alone machine. 

Windows Server 2008 R2 is equivalent to Windows 7 OS but has some special security features.  If I could manually download and run this update and by pass the Adobe automated install I might be able to fix the problem by running the update "as administrator" but I think Adobe doesn't give me that choice.

I have uninstalled and re-installed Adobe Reader 9.3 but still get the same result when applying this update.  

Adobe reader is working fine, so I would be happy also if Adobe just stopped trying to send me this update.

Any suggestions?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 21, 2010 Sep 21, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just to clarify the AdobeARM.exe execution as administraor method. When you right-click, run as administrator on AdobeARM.exe, it does not launch a window, it puts the update icon in the system tray (by the clock). Then you can click that to run the update. This worked on my 2008R2 machine.

Also, make sure it isn't running already, because I still had the error window up from the previous try and when I ran it, I think it recognized it was already running and failed silently.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 26, 2010 Nov 26, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Guys...its a firewall issue. turn it off and it installs just fine. I had the same problem, so tried experimenting with turning off AVG antivirus firewall and it installed. Try turning off your own windows or antivirus firewall. Hope it helps.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines