• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

ERROR MESSAGE IN PDF VIEWER THROUGH CCH SOFTWARE:

New Here ,
Feb 11, 2021 Feb 11, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The error message reads:  "The Acrobat PDF browser plug-in is missing.  Please reinstall Adobe Acrobat or Adobe Acrobat Reader to fix this problem".  

I have had our IT company, the CCH software company, and Adobe technical support ALL remote in my computer and ALL of them have uninstalled, reinstalled, updated and downloaded current Acrobat Reader.  None of them have been able to fix the issue causing the error message.  I cannot view current or past invoices of our clients.  PLEASE HELP ASAP.  This error message started yesterday 2/10/21 and still continues.  

TOPICS
General troubleshooting , View PDF

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Feb 15, 2021 Feb 15, 2021

Hi All,

Sorry about the trouble caused.

We have released an update for Acrobat and Reader DC(version 21.001.20138) that addresses this issue.

Please update the application to the latest version. In the application, go to Help > Check for updates.

For more information about the latest version, please refer to this link: https://www.adobe.com/devnet-docs/acrobatetk/tools/ReleaseNotesDC/continuous/dccontinuousfeb2021qfe.html#dccontinuousfebtwentytwentyoneqfe 

Let us know how it goes.

Than

Votes

Translate

Translate
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We are seeing the same issue with our product when trying to view PDFs within the system. We have tried repair with no luck. We have hundreds of users reporting this problem with no work around.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We are also seeing this error at my organization.  It appears that the Adobe Acrobat Reader DC update earlier this month (2021.001) broke the ability for other programs (FileMaker in our case) to use Internet Explorer with the Reader plug-in for displaying PDFs.  PDFs in Internet Explorer still display fine. Numerous reinstalls of the latest version with and without AcroCleaner did not fix it.  Our fix was to uninstall Reader DC, install the version from last October (2020.013, from an Adobe FTP server), then immediatly disable the Adobe Acrobat Update Task in Windows Task Scheduler.  I would think a System Restore to a few days ago followed by stopping the update task could also work as a temporary fix.  I am leaving one system with the current version of Reader so that I can watch for when Adobe hopefully fixes the issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 12, 2021 Feb 12, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you SO MUCH for your input!! Much appreciated!!

Sent from Mail for Windows 10

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you so much for the info, I'm using FileMaker too, followed your directions and it works now

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That's great!

I am actually having to redo the fix on one system as it decided to update several hours later, not sure why...

This should not be considered a long term solution since the latest Reader DC patches some critical security issues.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Feb 15, 2021 Feb 15, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi All,

Sorry about the trouble caused.

We have released an update for Acrobat and Reader DC(version 21.001.20138) that addresses this issue.

Please update the application to the latest version. In the application, go to Help > Check for updates.

For more information about the latest version, please refer to this link: https://www.adobe.com/devnet-docs/acrobatetk/tools/ReleaseNotesDC/continuous/dccontinuousfeb2021qfe.... 

Let us know how it goes.

Thanks,

Meenakshi

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines