• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Error while trying to digitally sign PDF in Reader DC

New Here ,
Feb 11, 2021 Feb 11, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am working on one rather large, governmental PKI implementation project. One of the usage scenarios for the certificates, issued by this PKI, is signing PDF files. When we are trying to sign PDF in Acrobat Reader DC, using one of the certificates, issued by the PKI, Reader it is giving us the following error:

“Creation of this signature could not be completed. Size limit error Error encountered while BER decoding: Creation of this signature could not be completed. Size limit error Error encountered while BER decoding:”.

Same certificate works perfectly fine in MS Office products. 

Certutil and openssl are able to dump infromation from it without any problems whatsoever.

.NET code, using SignedCms class is working with it perfectly fine as well.

Attempt to contact Adobe support culminated in agent sending me a link with Reader installation instructions ... smh. 

- Did anyone ever encounter such problem and found a solution?

- Do you know if there is a way to look into some logs, which would give any idea of what wxactly Reader is experiencing difficulties with (extension parsing or anything else)?

- Is there a way to get a propper, professional support from Adobe?

Not attaching certificate to the post just yet, but if we get to actual troubleshooting - will share it.

TOPICS
Security digital signatures and esignatures

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Feb 12, 2021 Feb 12, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @Vladimir5FAF  ,

Apoplogies for Inconvience.

Is this happening with a single certificate or all the certificates? Also could you please share once such  certificate with us?
You can send it in the private message to me if it is sensitive.

Also can you please share the version of Acrobat you are using? Help -> About Acrobat Pro DC.

Has this started happening after any recent updates to Adobe Reader DC?

Thanks,

Prashant.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you very much for quick response Prashant, I've sent all requested infromation in a private message, posting shorter version of my response here as well for community visibility:

• Version of Adobe Acrobat Reader DC, we are using is - 2021.001.20135.
  • Cannot say anything about other versions, as we were trying to use signing functionality only on this one.
  • This is happening with all certificates, issued by the CA.
  • Certificate information is confidential, so I've share it in the private message as well.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

The issue is currently being worked upon. I will keep this discussion updated as soon I get an update about the fix.
Thank you for your patience and for your valuable feedback. 

Regards,

Prashant .

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Great news, thank you very much! Appreciate your help!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines