Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Exception processing message 0xc0000139 unexpected parameters

New Here ,
Apr 28, 2021 Apr 28, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Di,

I got this message using Acrobat DC, What can I do ?

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 3 Correct answers

New Here , Jun 18, 2021 Jun 18, 2021

SAME! Except ONLY when Quickbooks, any version, is open.

I uninstalled, Quickbooks and Adobe, this error persists. I am unable to edit any pdf paper/file/form i get an error after i type one single letter. I close QB, error goes away. 

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Beginner , Dec 08, 2021 Dec 08, 2021

I followed the procedure that Chad22042564ifeee posted and have been error free for a week.

Chad22042564ifee just posted in a community you follow.

Apr 28, 2021 02:28 AM in Acrobat Discussions

Re: Exception processing message 0xc0000139 unexpected parameters

One of my clients had the same issue and this method worked. Thanks for the easy fix.

1. Please remove the application using the Acrobat cleaner tool https://www.adobe.com/devnet-docs/acrobatetk/tools/Labs/cleaner.html  ,

2. Reboot the comp

Votes

Translate

Translate
New Here , Dec 08, 2023 Dec 08, 2023

I just did the download and it fixed the problem.

https://helpx.adobe.com/acrobat/release-note/release-notes-acrobat-reader.html.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,
Apr 28, 2021 Apr 28, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there

Hope you are doing well and sorry for the trouble. As described you are getting the error 'Exception processing message 0xc0000139 unexpected parameters'

Would you mind sharing the workflow/steps you are doing that leads you to this error message?

What is the version of the Adobe Acrobat/Reader Dc you are using? To check the version go to Help > About Acrobat and make sure you have the latest version installed. Go to Help > Check for Updates.

Are you on Mac or Windows machine and what is the version of the OS? Please check for any missing/pending updates and try updating the OS and reboot the computer once.  Also, please try to repair the installation of Adobe Acrobat/Reader DC application (Win Only) Go to Help > Repair Installation and reboot the computer once.

You may also check out the similar discussion https://community.adobe.com/t5/acrobat-reader/adobe-acrobat-reader-dc-search-find-functionality-crtr... and see if that helps.

Regards

Amal

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 18, 2021 Jun 18, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

SAME! Except ONLY when Quickbooks, any version, is open.

I uninstalled, Quickbooks and Adobe, this error persists. I am unable to edit any pdf paper/file/form i get an error after i type one single letter. I close QB, error goes away. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jul 19, 2021 Jul 19, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Glad I found your post. I'm having exactly the same issue but I never thought to trying closing Quickbooks. That's it. Did you ever find a solution? Something has changed. I've used Acrobat and Quickbooks for more than a decade without issue. Having to close QB to use Acrobat is infuriating. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 13, 2021 Aug 13, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having the exact same issue. QB and Acrobat DC suddenly are not working together.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 20, 2021 Aug 20, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same issue here.  I definitely need quickbooks and adobe to work together....

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 24, 2023 Nov 24, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yap, when Quickbooks is open. I'll be happy to fix your bug if you need a software engineer! That is now 2 years already that Adobe is asleep.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 14, 2021 Sep 14, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same here! So glad I saw this thread. I closed QB to see if Adobe would work, and it did. No more "Exception processing message" while QB closed. Something has definately changed! What a pain to have to close one program to work in another... 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Sep 15, 2021 Sep 15, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi All,

Sorry for the trouble.

We have released an update for the Acrobat/ Reader.  Please try updating the applicaiton to the latest version and check if that resolves the issue.

You may refer to the following help document for more information about the latest update version: https://helpx.adobe.com/acrobat/release-note/release-notes-acrobat-reader.html.

Let us know how it goes.

Thanks,

Meenakshi

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 08, 2021 Oct 08, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have replaced the PC with a new one.  I have updated to Adobe Acrobat DC 21.007.20095.

And yet, if QuickBooks is open I am unable to type text into a PDF.  If I close QuickBooks I type again in the PDF.  I can re-open QuickBooks and everything works for a few hours and then the error returns.

---------------------------
Windows - Entry Point Not Found
Exception Processing Message 0xc0000139 - Unexpected parameters
OK

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 01, 2021 Nov 01, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm still having the exact same issue and my Adobe is updated constantly, I've enven done the "repair" and still get the error message when QuickBooks is open.  This is EXTREMELY frustrating!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 09, 2021 Nov 09, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am also having the same issue. Mine is only happening when QuickBooks is open. I have updated and using version 2021.007.20099 of Adobe Acrobat Pro DC. Thank you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 16, 2021 Nov 16, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am also having this problem however, we don't use QB & I am still getting this.  I've done the repair & now am going to try to uninstall & reinstall.  I edit PDF's often & this error message doesn't let me do anything but add text.

I'd love for this to be fixed quickly!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 06, 2023 Apr 06, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Exact same thing is happening to me and we run a business daily. Never had this problem until I got a new computer and had to resign in. This is ridiculous since we pay for both programs. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Apr 06, 2023 Apr 06, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi KaraCBO

I feel your pain. I reported this issue quite a while ago on behalf of a customer. It appears to be quite a tricky issue to fix.
The Adobe developers have been requesting logs from customers experiencing the issue. If you are open to it, I can send the information on how to do so

Take care

Steve Quinn

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 29, 2021 Nov 29, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is still an issue as of 11/29/21. It's been happening for months now. For a while it was only happening when QuickBooks was on the login screen, now it happens any time QuickBooks is open. It's really annoying to have to close QB to use Acrobat. Don't know which program is ACTUALLY the problem, but I suspect QB as those developers never seem to care how their product plays with others, but I could be wrong. I am currently on version 2021.007.20099 and this happens when QuickBooks is open and I try to type ANYTHING. Even using Esc or hitting ANY key on my keyboard, even if I'm not trying to DO anything. I have also tried repairing my installation and making sure QuickBooks is updated as well. Windows 10, also up to date as far as I can tell.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 01, 2021 Dec 01, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, Same here. Having issues all the time. Employees complaining as well. Please any solution!!?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Dec 02, 2021 Dec 02, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there

Please check the correct answer marked in the smlar discussion https://community.adobe.com/t5/acrobat-discussions/exception-processing-message-0xc0000139-unexpecte... and see if that works for you.

Regards

Amal

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 02, 2021 Dec 02, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, I tried uninstalling and using the cleaner tool, rebooted and
reinstalled. The issue went away briefly, but then started happening again
within a few hours.

Lisa Tozier

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Dec 03, 2021 Dec 03, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Lisa

We are sorry to hear that. Please try to create a new test user profile with full admin rights in Windows or enable the root account in MAC and try using the application there and check.

Regards

Amal

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 08, 2021 Dec 08, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm so glad I found this post! I've been having this issue lately as well. I never would have thought that closing Quickbooks would make the Adobe error stop, but it does! Now I know how to work around, but it would be great if this could be fixed ASAP!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 08, 2021 Dec 08, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I followed the procedure that Chad22042564ifeee posted and have been error free for a week.

Chad22042564ifee just posted in a community you follow.

Apr 28, 2021 02:28 AM in Acrobat Discussions

Re: Exception processing message 0xc0000139 unexpected parameters

One of my clients had the same issue and this method worked. Thanks for the easy fix.

1. Please remove the application using the Acrobat cleaner tool https://www.adobe.com/devnet-docs/acrobatetk/tools/Labs/cleaner.html  ,

2. Reboot the computer once and reinstall the application.

3. I just logged the client back in and reinstalled adobe acrobat.

This worked...Note I had to uncheck the box for the adobe something verifyer. I think it may of been an update.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 09, 2021 Dec 09, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Unfortunately, not even an hour after I posted about being error free for a week, the issue returned.  I am still seeking a permanent fix.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 09, 2021 Dec 09, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same here. I tried this fix yesterday. It held for a short time, then back to the same problem.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 08, 2023 Dec 08, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I just did the download and it fixed the problem.

https://helpx.adobe.com/acrobat/release-note/release-notes-acrobat-reader.html.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines