Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Exporting Email to PDF

New Here ,
May 12, 2022 May 12, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, 

I am trying to export emails from Outlook into a PDF with clickable links. I used the "export to pdf" option on outlook and when I click on the links they work for me. 

Others in the organization get mixed results, and some can't even open up the PDF's without getting a notification that the need Acrobat Pro. 

Does anyone have experice with this? 

TOPICS
Edit and convert PDFs

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 15, 2022 May 15, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

@Jennifer24424525mk90 

Hi Jennifer,

You didn't say if you have Acrobat Pro on your computer or if you compared your steps to your office mates' steps.

If you are converting Outlook Mail to Adobe PDF, then you need Acrobat Pro, not the free Reader. Instructions are here, including how to use the PDF tool in Acrobat.

https://www.adobe.com/acrobat/hub/how-to/convert-outlook-email-to-pdf

Adobe created PDF, but gave it away to an ISO twenty or so years ago, so not all PDFs are Adobe PDFs. Microsoft also makes PDFs. If you use a Microsoft Office product and create a Microsoft PDF, then Adobe has absolutely nothing to do with the process. You can also open a PDF in any PDF viewer. If you open it in Adobe Reader, then you can go to File > Properties to see if it is a Microsoft PDF, Adobe PDF, macOS PDF, etc. 

This is an Adobe forum, so I create Adobe PDFs using the Acrobat tab of the Ribbon in Microsoft Office. Adobe PDFs using PDFMaker retain more interactive information.

I did find this on the Microsoft website for creating Microsoft PDFs from Outlook. This may be what they need if they don't have Acrobat Pro, but I haven't tested it.

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/office/save-a-message-as-a-file-4821bcd4-7687-4d6d-a486-b89a291a...

You may need to ask on the Microsoft forums if this doesn't work, but I hope this helps you to understand the issue. I apologize for the three day delay in seeing your post.

~ Jane

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines