• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Extract Pdf API is not extracting text from headers

New Here ,
May 13, 2022 May 13, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have extracted the attached pdf file and got a json & excel tables.

The tables are extracted perfectly. (The attached pdf has removed sensitive numbers in the table)

But it seems to be ignoring the header (attached pic) completely,

including the part below.

"Purchase Order
#PO2017
2/2/2022"

Other simple tools have no problem extracting the text from the pdf file.

I think this issue is related to the link below.

"not extracting text from footer"

https://community.adobe.com/t5/document-services-apis-discussions/using-the-extract-not-getting-some...

the only difference is that mine is a header (a little bit long header)

Can anyone help with this?

TOPICS
Edit and convert PDFs , PDF forms , PDF Pack

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 27, 2022 Jun 27, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

Are you able to solve the issue? I am also having similar issue and not able to get information from the header. If no luch with this api have you explored any other tool which can solve this problem for us. Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 17, 2023 Apr 17, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same here. Seems like something that's actively ignored in the parsing. A simple flag in the oprions to get the headers and footers would be great. Really a big issue here with what seems like an easy solution and even though the community seems to have been asking for it for a while, it still isn't available.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Apr 17, 2023 Apr 17, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

The Extract PDF API is nothing to do with Acrobat or Acrobat Reader (despite any name suggesting otherwise). That means it is outside our knowledge, and the chances of getting help here are very small.

Please try the "Acrobat Services API" forum https://community.adobe.com/t5/acrobat-services-api/ct-p/ct-Document-Cloud-SDK?page=1&sort=latest_re...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines