• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

files don't download in chrome

New Here ,
Mar 01, 2022 Mar 01, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm unable to download some files in Chrome from a link in my email from known sender. They will download in Edge which I don't use. The link was in a listserv and all members were able to download the files. I have Windows 10.

This has never happened before. How do I fix this. The settings are correct. Sender is known to me.

Thanks

TOPICS
PDF and browsers , Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Mar 01, 2022 Mar 01, 2022

Why does you post this in the forum for Acrobat Reader?

Acrobat Reader can't download files.

Try a forum for Chrome.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Mar 01, 2022 Mar 01, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Why does you post this in the forum for Acrobat Reader?

Acrobat Reader can't download files.

Try a forum for Chrome.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 09, 2022 Mar 09, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I do not consider what I received to be a reply to my question. So no i did not receive a reply.

Furthermore, I sent a follow up which was ignored, asking the post to be moved to the "correct" place since Bernd seemed to think it didn't belong here. However, he could have answered me anyway.

I did not get help from your forum and I think in addition to that, the entire forum needs a redesign.

It is very unwieldly, unattractive and difficult to find what one wants.

I am posting here because in YOUR reply, there is nowhere else that I can see to respond which is another example. I"m sure you will remove this. But maybe others agree so  you should leave it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The reason for asking is that no Adobe software seems to be involved in your problem. Your problem seems to be in Edge, or with your email reader. Edge does not use Acrobat Reader or anything else from Adobe to download PDF. So the question simply doesn't seem to belong anywhere we can move it to. Is there something we're missing, such as an Adobe message?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What you wrote just now would have been an appropriate response!
 Furthermore, I said I was using Chrome, not Edge. The files were huge and I don't know why they didn't download in Chrome. Another person had the same problem downloading them. (They were sent to various people.)
However, I was able to download the files in Edge but was not able to save them until I wrote to the MS forum and they told me that there is an exension for Acrobat to save the files in Edge as I do in Chrome. And Edge does us Acrobat reader if you put on the extension.
So Acrobat Reader is involved. If someone had bothered to tell me to try a different browser as a response, that would have been helpful, since I stated that I never had this problem before.
I think it's highly likely that SOMEONE in your forum could have given me that assistance as you did just now but you also assumed I was using Edge when I stated that I was not.
I appreciate your responding.
I also think that you should provide an email address for people to write to as you wrote to  me just now. I'm not going to go to your support page and waste time there.
I appreciate having the forum as a resource but your website needs a lot of work. IMHO. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I think you misunderstand the purpose of this forum, because of the way you say "you" and "your" in the reply. Not my web site. Not my products. I don't work for Adobe. This is a community forum, where people choose to come and help people if they want to. Or try to help the many lost souls who come here with questions that don't relate to Adobe's products. Have a nice day, now.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I know it's a forum with people who volunteer their help but someone has to maintain it I imagine. I am using you as in the plural YOU. Like all of you. Someone had to answer this email. 

Thanks. Have a good day.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 18, 2022 May 18, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I have to download my files to Chrome since they won't download to PDFs.

With the former format, is there no "search" functtion for the document at the top, to search the document? I don't see one. Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines