Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Fill & Sign Deactivated on Desktop Active in Browser

New Here ,
Feb 15, 2023 Feb 15, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

I'm trying to fill out a passport application PDF in Canada. The PDF is fillable when I open it from link after it opens in my browser. However, once I download it and open it in Adobe Acrobat Reader, aside from a few buttons to save, reset, or print the form (or read instructions), the PDF is "flat" - nothing is fillable. I could only print it and fill it out by hand. In the browser version I can enter data but it doesn't save - I would have to print it immediately. And of course, I cannot add a signature.

I'm running Adobe Acrobat Reader / Continuous Release / Version 2022.003.20314 64-bit

OS is Windows 10 Version 22H2 OS build 19045.2486 64bit, 32GB Ram, i5 Intel

Photos

Photo 1: In Firefox Browser - Fillable - What I want but cannot access on my desktop (this version can be saved but it doesn't save the information you enter in the fields. That disappears. You can only print it if you want your fields to remain filled)

Screenshot 2023-02-15 213516.png

Photo 2: On Windows Desktop - FLAT - I download the above fillable PDF to my desktop and the following image is the result - No ability to fill the form. It is completely useless other than to print and fill out by hand. Nothing can be typed in.

Screenshot 2023-02-15 213604.png

Photo 3: On Windows Desktop - Fill and Sign - There is no access to the tool. Strangly the "Save" "Reset Form" and "Print Form" buttons at the bottom are all active - but with no ability to make any changes within the form i.e. I can't add text to any field, these buttons are useless.

Screenshot 2023-02-15 214130.png

What am I missing or doing wrong and how can I resolve this problem: So I can fill, sign, save, and print my PDF on my desktop?

Thank you.

TOPICS
General troubleshooting , How to , PDF forms , Security digital signatures and esignatures , Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Feb 28, 2023 Feb 28, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi @Tortuga Verde 

Thank you for sharing the detailed description. 

You are probably doing nothing wrong here, as i suspect this form has been designed this way. You can only fill it on web and send. That will be flatten if you want to download/save a copy.

We would get more clarity if you could share the form link with us. We'll see what restrictions this form has. 

Note: If you are trying to download/save a form where you have applied the signature already. Then rest of the form fields would be disabled. As signing locks the form and restricts the further editing.

Thanks,

Akanchha

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines