• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Fill And Sign cannot use e-mail option

Community Beginner ,
Jan 18, 2019 Jan 18, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

with the last update to version 2019.010.20069  the e-mail envelop is grayed out and cannot use it to send document via e-mail after filling in information??  how can I fix this

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi waynes,

As per the issue description mentioned above, you are facing issue when trying to send document using envelop icon, is that correct?

Could you let us know the application you are using- reader or acrobat?

Also, check if you exited the fill & sign option by clicking close in the toolbar.

Let us know if you need any help.

Shivam

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adobe Reader DC VER> 2019.010.20069

But I read from the included links that it is an ADOBE Issue. Do we have a time frame on getting fixed?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jan 21, 2019 Jan 21, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi waynes,

Could you share the links where this issue has been discussed?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

sharing has become cumbersome<https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=https-3A__forums.adobe.com_thread_2543550&d=DwMFaQ&c=laxeQK7vPmHfouIIPNyCfbQd49eK3u00U8Jdo0RFvts&r=86z4c5Szxtwn2YH20SUtKJ9WlKQHME8K7q-LKyXHQ-k&m=TYAx5NO-Rbk0lAZZN7Ice-8Tn_kKlhLax5Hdpad-uFk&s=CvBRMZtogceP1EDUkLu_V81PxtT_O1OkCwApE285Dps&e=>

Can't send without first saving the .pdf - Acrobat Standard 2019.008.20071<https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=https-3A__forums.adobe.com_thread_2542932&d=DwMFaQ&c=laxeQK7vPmHfouIIPNyCfbQd49eK3u00U8Jdo0RFvts&r=86z4c5Szxtwn2YH20SUtKJ9WlKQHME8K7q-LKyXHQ-k&m=TYAx5NO-Rbk0lAZZN7Ice-8Tn_kKlhLax5Hdpad-uFk&s=5eyP8UIxTlYxjsSS80hQa9usFlXqbMoB16ihcrqeqyg&e=>

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am not sure about the exact time frame for the fix but a preference to set the email icon to one-click attach to email experience will be added in a future release.

-Shivam

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 01, 2019 Feb 01, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adobe Reader DC Ver 2019.010.20069

Having a similar difficulty, but the registry edit in those previous posts only provide a workaround for the one-click email process when clicking the "Send file as email..." envelope button (which is great). However, the button itself is disabled (grayed out) as long as the Fill & Sign tool is open. The other tools, including Stamp and Certificates, do not gray out the email (envelope) button.

My end users report they used to be able to add their signature then click the email button. Now they must add their signature, close the tool, then click the email button. I know 1 addition click sounds insignificant, but when signing a lot of documents, 1 additional click can become a burden.

And while on the topic of removing clicks, it would be great to have, as a preference, the ability to keep the last used tool open across document tabs, eliminating 1 more click to open the same tool for multiple docs.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 29, 2022 May 29, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Has there be any progress on this in the 3 years since this was posted?  I have Outlook set up as my default e-mail in Adobe Acrobat preferences.  But if I am sent an document to finalize and sign, I can't e-mail it back from Adobe Acrobat. The "Send by E-mail" icon is grayed out. I have to go to Outlook, start a new message and attach it. This is such basic functionality that I though I must be missing something obvious or have things misconfigured, but searching and reading forums shows it to be a common issue that apparently has been around for years.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines