• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Fill & Sign not saving

New Here ,
Sep 20, 2018 Sep 20, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Im using a 5 year old computer with windows 8.1. My problem is that im using adobe acrobat fill and sign for applications, now for some reason it was working before and now when i go to save as. the box is not coming up to save it. I unistalled it and reinstalled it and its still not working. I went onto youtube and did some changes like going to edit then preferences then showing online storage when opening and saving files and something else and its still not working. I did try to make it a default program but its not coming on the box to the left, now please someone help me with this matter cause this has been taking me hours and its not resolved and im trying to get these applications over and done with once and for all

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Sep 21, 2018 Sep 21, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello Mattd,

We're sorry for the trouble you had while using the Fill&Sign tool, please make sure that you have the latest version of Adobe Reader installed, check for any pending updates of Adobe Reader from help>check for updates, reboot the machine after updating Adobe Reader and check.

Is it a PDF form or a PDF with text? Have you tried saving any other PDF? If not, please try and see if the issue is reproducible.

Please try the following steps and see if this brings any changes:

Go to the Preferences > Security (Enhanced) settings page.

Turn OFF the default-checked "Enable Protected Mode at startup" and Enable Enhanced Security.

Note: Turning off the Protected mode is only for testing, please enable it back.

Restart Adobe Reader and try signing the PDF file and then save it.

Repair Adobe Reader installation once from help>repair installation, reboot the machine after repairing Adobe Reader.

Is it specific to one PDF that you are not able to save or with all the PDF files? If it is specific to one PDF, Is it possible to share the PDF file with us so that we can test?

To share the file, please use Adobe Send feature, login to https://cloud.acrobat.com/send using your Adobe ID(email) and password, upload the file, share the link to files via private message only, How Do I Send Private Message

Let us know how it goes and share your observation.

Thanks,

Anand Sri.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 19, 2022 Jul 19, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Nothing of above works. The error is persistent across 3 machines with Adobe DC . The message is 

The document could not be saved. There was a problem reading the document (23)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jul 22, 2022 Jul 22, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Dada,

Thank you for reaching out, and sorry about the trouble.

If the issue occurs with some particular PDFs, we will need the sample file to test them.

Do you open these PDFs from a particular location on the folder?

Share the Acrobat and OS versions in use.

Thanks,

Meenakshi

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 16, 2023 Mar 16, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Replying in 2023 where this is still an issue, Acrobat won't save initials, and then it gets stuck loading.

DianaG88_0-1678992683074.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Mar 16, 2023 Mar 16, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi @Diana-G88 

Sorry to hear about the trouble caused.

Would you mind sharing the Adobe Acrobat version you are using? To check the version, go to Help > about Acrobat and ensure you have the recent version 23.001.2006x installed. To check the update, Go to Acrobat> Help > Check for updates and reboot the computer once (you must save all the work before restarting)

To download the patch manually, more information about this release is here: Release Notes | Adobe Acrobat, Reader

Thanks,

Akanchha

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines