• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Fillable field clears when sending for e-signature

New Here ,
May 26, 2022 May 26, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm working on a service agreement that is contains several fillable text boxes that I fill out for each agreement. Once I have it completed, I am sending for e-signature through Acrobat. Once I click the "Request E-signatures" and it brings it up to specify where to sign, all fillable text boxes are empty. I have saved the file with the text and reopened and the text is still in the boxes. I tried to send again after reopening and same thing, once it gets to where I specify where to sign, the text is cleared again.

TOPICS
General troubleshooting , PDF forms , Security digital signatures and esignatures , Share or review PDFs

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 2 Correct answers

New Here , Nov 14, 2023 Nov 14, 2023

Thanks - love being back on the old version.  Your suggestion has been a huge help.  txs

Votes

Translate

Translate
New Here , Apr 02, 2024 Apr 02, 2024

After reviewing one of the reccomended acrobat posters advise, it didn't totally provide the answer, but got me close enought that I was able to fix the checkbox issue (of unchecking all the boxes when being sent for signature) and didn't have to use the old acrobat version. 

It's in the signing phase that I had to check the boxes.

Initially, I completed all the fields on my PDF form as I normally would, except check boxes. 

Then, I select 'E-Sign' > 'Requested e-signatures' > add email receipi

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Chris

Hope you are doing well and sorry to hear that.

Is this an issue with a particular PDF form or with all the forms? Please try with a different one and check. If it's a file-specific issue please share the file with us so that we can check it at our end.

Would you mind sharing the version of the Acrobat Reader DC you are using? To check the version go to Help > About Acrobat and make sure you have the recent version 22.1.20117 (Win), 20112 (Mac) installed. Go to Help > Check for updates and reboot the computer once.

Also, what happens when you try to request signatures via document cloud https://acrobat.adobe.com/link/home/ ?

Regards

Amal

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

20112 is the version and I am running Monterrey 12.3.1.

This is the only form I have. This is my first experience using Acrobat creating a fillable form

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
May 31, 2022 May 31, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Chris,

We are sorry to hear that. I have tried to test it at my end using the PDF file you have shared and its working fine for me.

Would you mind sharing the steps you are doing to fill the PDF form? A small video recording of the same would be very helpful.

Also please try to request signatures via document cloud https://acrobat.adobe.com/link/home/ and see if that works for you.

Regards

Amal

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 05, 2023 Oct 05, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is a huge issue for our company as well as many of us use fillable forms and then send for e-signature. Is there any update on if this is being fixed or how we can prevent this from happening?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 22, 2023 Sep 22, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having the same issue! Everytime we send our forms for signature, it erases all of the fillable info boxes and says “Unsupported fields have been removed from this document”. How can I lock in the information before sending for signing? This has never been an issue before the new format of Adobe was adopted.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is this a Acrobat form or a Adobe Sign form?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adobe Sign.

[Private info removed]

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Sep 23, 2023 Sep 23, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Try this forum: https://community.adobe.com/t5/adobe-acrobat-sign/ct-p/ct-adobe-sign?page=1&sort=latest_replies&filt...

You should not reply by email, by the way, as it includes your full contact details in the signature.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The same thing is happening to me. Did you get it fixed? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is a huge issue for our company as well as many of us use fillable forms and then send for e-signature. Is there any update on if this is being fixed or how we can prevent this from happening?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Andrea274810134xe4 Did this start before or after the update for your company?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Oct 16, 2023 Oct 16, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi All,

Sorry about the trouble caused. 

This issue has been reported to the team, and they are looking into this. However, as the issue is not reproducible on our end, we need the sample documents with prefilled information for further investigation. 

Please share the prefilled files you are using or create a sample PDF form with similar form fields and filled information.

Share those sample PDF forms with us. It will help us check what form fields are not updating and find the root cause for this behavior change. 

In the meantime, you may try filling in the form field after you update it on Acrobat Sign. Use the Prefill option (https://helpx.adobe.com/sign/using/prefill-forms-field-before-sending.html) to input the information on form fields before sending it. 

Let us know if you need any help.

Thanks,

Meenakshi

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 20, 2023 Oct 20, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I discovered that when I moved from old to new files I used to Adobe Cloud became corrupted. Once I deleted the corrupted file and uploaded the original from my files it resolved my issues. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 07, 2023 Dec 07, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Here is a file I am working with.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 29, 2024 Jan 29, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same issue. A form that is fillable, then sent out for e-signature, is now coming up blank with an error message that “Unsupported fields have been removed from this document”. Basically, all the fields.  Please let me know if you need addtional pdfs to see this issue becuase they only way to fix it is revert back to the old experience.

Thank you,

Alie

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 10, 2023 Oct 10, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

same issue here. it is headach after adobe upgrade to this version, everythign ruined. spend even more time without this. Adobe need refund to us untill the issue fixed

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Oct 16, 2023 Oct 16, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there

Would you mind sharing the version of the Acorbat DC and the OS you are using? A small video recording of the workflow and the sample PDF file would be very helpful to investigate the issue.

Also, share the the Adobe CC logs https://helpx.adobe.com/creative-cloud/kb/cc-log-collector.html , Procmon logs (Win Only) https://www.adobe.com/devnet-docs/acrobatetk/tools/Labs/acromonitor.html  and share them via any cloud storage. Just upload the log file to the cloud and generate the link and share that link with us.

~Amal

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 17, 2023 Oct 17, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

For those still having the issue, and those like me who just discovered it, the best solution I have found is to disable the new version. It is very simple and here is a link (scroll about 1/3 down). https://helpx.adobe.com/acrobat/using/new-acrobat-experience.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 19, 2023 Oct 19, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This was the only thing that worked for me as well.  I'm on Mac OS Ventura 13.4.1 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 19, 2023 Oct 19, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same here, it would work fine on my desktop windows, but when I got on my Mac it would have the problem referenced in this thread. When I disabled new acrobat that did the trick

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 03, 2023 Nov 03, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

THANK YOU! Disenabling worked perfectly. I find it difficult to believe Adobe cannot recreate this within their own environment. Frustrating for sure.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 23, 2023 Oct 23, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What a godsend, thank you!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 25, 2023 Oct 25, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I CANNOT THANK YOU ENOUGH. THIS SAVED ALL THE FRUSTRATION I HAD WITH A POORLY MANAGED/TESTED  RELEASE OF NEW ADOBE. I AM BACK TO USING THE OLDER VERSION BASED ON THE TRICK YOU SHARED. GOD BLESS.

ADOBE TEAM, PLEASE DO A GOOD JOB WITH TESTING ON MACOS BEFORE RELEASING SW

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 09, 2023 Nov 09, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I can't believe that this is still hanging on since the first post in May of 2022. I only recently upgraded, and lost the ability to send filled out forms. Thank you for the hint to disable the "New Acrobat Experience" My experience with this new experience is poor. Request Signatures still works when you disable it.

I found a related post that seems to indicate that the Request E-Signatures for Adobe Acrobat Pro is now reserved for Acrobat Sign for  Enterprise or Business. Grrr... again, I think I like my OLD Acrobat Experience. I opted for a subscription to Acrobat Pro to get away from needing to using Acrobat to create and fill my forms then Docusign to get my signatures.   

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines