• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Fillable forms stopped working after last update

New Here ,
Feb 20, 2021 Feb 20, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Everything was fine until the most recent update (which ends in 038). Today I'm doing my taxes on fillable forms from the state. After completing my taxes I saved the forms. When I try to open my file, the data fields are empty. Yet in the preview pane of Explorer, I can see the data. How do I get the data to show when I open the form? Thank you.

TOPICS
General troubleshooting , PDF forms , View PDF

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Feb 22, 2021 Feb 22, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Robbi

Hope you are doing well and sorry for the trouble. As described, the data fields are empty. Yet in the preview pane of Explorer, you can see the data.

We need some more information for a better understanding:

1. What is the workflow/steps you did to fill the PDF form?

2. Is this a behavior with a particular PDF file or with all the PDFs? Please try with a different PDF file and check.

3. What are the steps you are doing to open the PDF file? Are you opening it in a Web browser? If yes, please download the file to your computer locally and then try to open it and check as the web browsers use their own PDF mechanism to display /render the PDF files and are not Adobe dependant.

You may also look at the similar discussion: https://community.adobe.com/t5/acrobat/acrobat-pro-dc-fillable-form-appears-blank-when-emailed/m-p/1...  and see if that works for you.

Regards

Amal

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 02, 2021 Mar 02, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you, Amal, I appreciate your expertise and answer. I think the problem - which only happens with the State tax forms - must be related to a setting in their forms. They tell you to always print the files because they will not be saved. So I "printed" them to a pdf file and called it "close enough for government work." It's just weird that the data is actually there, but not visible. The link you provided is helpful too.

Again, thank you for your response.

Robbi

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines