• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

First PDF loads quickly, subsequent PDF's take some time

New Here ,
Oct 04, 2021 Oct 04, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Using Windows File Explorer, I navigate to a folder containing multiple PDF's. I click on a PDF in the list and it opens in Adobe Reader straight away. With the first PDF still open I know select another PDF from the list. This time it takes circa 20 seconds to open the PDF. Now I select another PDF (a 3rd one) from the list and it too takes circa 20 seconds to load and so on with a 4th 5th, etc. The laptop is Intel i5 with 8GB RAM running Windows 10 Enterprise so I don't think it's a limitation of the hardware. It's running Sophos antivirus but as the first PDF loads straight away and only subsequent PDF's are slow I don't think it's Sophos. Anyone seen this behaviour before and perhaps can advise how it was resolved?

TOPICS
General troubleshooting

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Oct 04, 2021 Oct 04, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there

Hope you are doing well and sorry for the trouble. As described the first pdf opens immediately and the subsequent pdfs takes 20 seconds to open.

Is this an issue with a particular set of PDF files or with all the PDFs? Please try with a different PDF files and check. If the PDFs are stored in a shared network/drive please download the, to your computer locally and try again.

What is the version of the Adobe Acrobat Reader DC you are using? To check the version go to Help > About Acrobat and make sure you have the latest  version 21.07.20095 installed. Go to Help > Check for updates and reboot the computer once.

Also try to repair the installation from the help menu > repair installation and reboot the computer and see if that works.

You may also try to reset the Acrobat preferences as described in the help page https://community.adobe.com/t5/acrobat-discussions/how-to-reset-acrobat-preference-settings-to-defau...

Regards

Amal

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 05, 2021 Oct 05, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

The issue is with all PDF's. Open the first one and it opens straight away. Open subsequent PDF's and they trake circa 20 seconds to open.

The PDF's are on a network drive and are taken from various locations on said drive. Regardless the result is the same. Fist one loads straight away the rest are much slower.

As I don't want to use the files on the local device there's no point in testing this. Regardless security policy dictates they must remain on the network drive.

To mitigate the requirement for repair and upgrade I've downloaded the latest version of Adobe Reader DC from the web site and installed it. Unfortunately the problem remains.

As per previous paragraph I've completed a clean install so setting prefrences shouldn't be required. Isn't Adobe Reader DC just supposed to work straight out of the box without having to configure it

Certainly strange behaviour and it looks more and more like no one has seen this before. Even when I spoke withe the 'reluctant' Adobe technician (relectant to engage as this is a free product) they were also confused as to what might be happening.

Thanks for your reply.............

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines