• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Font won't work when working with PDF

New Here ,
Apr 29, 2023 Apr 29, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can anyone tell me why all my fonts work when editing a PDF EXCEPT Optima? I'm working on a MacBook and software is up to date. I cannot even change two numbers in a phone number. This is the only font this happens with. Also, I am not a graphic designer, but can edit a simple PDF.

TOPICS
PDF forms

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Apr 30, 2023 Apr 30, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

1. Do you have the Optima font installed on your Macbook? (Does it show in Font Book app?)

2. What happens when you try to edit the text in the Optima font?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for the reply. Yes, it does show in my font book. What happens once I save the PDF and open it again I get a bunch of dots and a message that says: 

Cannot extract the embedded font 'RVQEFZ+Optima'. Some characters may not display or print correctly.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have an update because it looks like the font has a little lock in the upper right corner in the font book. I've never seen this before and have no idea what it means!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have an update because it looks like the font has a little lock in the upper right corner in the font book. I've never seen this before and have no idea what it means!

Thank you for the reply. Yes, it does show in my font book. What happens once I save the PDF and open it again I get a bunch of dots and a message that says: 

Cannot extract the embedded font 'RVQEFZ+Optima'. Some characters may not display or print correctly.

Sorry for this many replies, but I didn't think I did it correctly the first time.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 02, 2023 May 02, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I do have it installed, but it shows a lock. How do I unlock it?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines